The Youth Coalition for Education Liberia (YOCEL) under the Leadership of Beyan Flomo Pewee is convening the third Annual Youth Education and Empowerment Summit from November 18-22 in Monrovia, Liberia.
The Annual Youth Education & Empowerment Summit is an international youth focused summit on education, participation, engagement and empowerment endorsed by the Government of Liberia and Government of Rwanda, recognizing it as the premier gathering for youth on the continent. The summit has been running since 2016 and keeps getting better and promising each other year. It serves as a platform that brings together hundreds of young leaders, edupreneurs, entrepreneurs and innovators from across Africa and the rest of the world. This provides an opportunity for youth of different continents or regions to collaborate, share best practices and challenge their thinking during interactive plenary sessions and debates.
- Accommodation, Feeding and Ground Transportation in Monrovia will be covered by the organizers (International delegates will have to undertake the cost of traveling to and from Monrovia, Liberia and Local Delegates cover Accommodation)
- Access to all Summit sessions and networking events including Brain-Date, Plenary, Culture fiesta etc
- An opportunity to become member of YOCEL Youth Advisory Board on Education (YAGE)
- Access to opportunities presented by Programme Partners or Sponsors
- Conference materials including customized t-shirt, folder, notepad, pen, and wrist band
- A chance to become an AYEE Awardee
During the Summit, delegates will have the chance participate in the following programmes put together by the organizers;
We have organized Both Welcome and Closing Dinners as a way of allowing delegates to get to know each other before the actual summit and also after the summit. These dinners have always been graced by high profiled persons including minister, Ambassadors, Parliamentarian etc and the bond our delegates create among themselves has been indisputable.
Our Plenary sessions feature delegates as panelist or moderate been pair with experts in various field to discuss issues concern with the Summit theme and engage into questions and answers. Some other speakers deliver speeches on their personal lives or issues affecting young people relative to the Summit theme to motivate/inspire young people to aspire and make impact.
We are thrilled to partner with e180 based in Canada to bring to the Annual Youth Education & Empowerment Summit for the first time "BRAIN-DATE". Braindates are about sharing knowledge. They are one-on-one or group conversations that you book with other participants while you’re at an event. Our web app, Braindate, helps you find the right people on its crowd-sourced knowledge market. Then, you meet face-to-face onsite, hosted by our Learning Concierges at the Braindate Lounge.
In all that we do we aim to enhance the leadership, accountability and social entrepreneurship skills of young people .The hub is based on the idea that when learners are co-creators of their learning environments, they become active participants invested as stakeholders in the progress of their communities.
Field Visit/Committee Work
All delegates at AYEE Summit 2018 in Monrovia will be placed into a committee which has a direct youth focus – education, entrepreneurship, innovation, women empowerment etc. These committees will discuss, carry out field research, and develop a resolution about how to address the challenges in that area for youth development and empowerment.
The General Congress is where all delegates will meet to discuss/debate the resolutions, relate the issues to the actual realities and adopt a final resolution that the Summit Committee will use for post-summit engagements with policy makers, sponsors and other stakeholders.
- Delegates age range( 18-35 years), Observer(36-above)
- Make Full payment of the registration fees
- Able to fund your Travel to and from Monrovia, Liberia
- Demonstrate experience and strong capacity in education, entrepreneurship, community service and youth development in general.
- Ability to attend the Summit in its entirety from 18-26 November 2018 and be fluent in both oral and written English (all elements of the program will be conducted in English But Translation will be available for French Speaking delegates)
October 1, 2018
November 10, 2018
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.