The Clean Energy Leadership Institute (CELI) a non-profit organization invites young professionals to apply for careers in clean energy.
Five Years of CELI!
2018 marks an important milestone for the Clean Energy Leadership Institute: We are celebrating FIVE years of training diverse young professionals seeking leadership roles in the clean energy field! This year, we’re offering a series of comprehensive sponsorship packages across CELI’s programs to reflect our five-year anniversary.
Fellowship Application InformationApplications for the Fall 2018 Fellowship Program Are Now OPEN.
The Clean Energy Leaders Fellowship is a highly selective education and leadership training organization for young professionals who exhibit strong leadership potential and are committed to advancing the clean energy economy. CELI Fellows are required to complete the 14-week Fellowship Training Program, which provides graduates with a strong foundation knowledge in energy market principals and policy analysis.
For any questions, please reach out to our Recruitment Managers:
- DC Recruitment Manager: Mish Thadani (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- SF Recruitment Manager: Laura Wang (email@example.com)
Who should apply?
For each Fellowship class, CELI brings together a group of dedicated, passionate and engaged young professionals who have the desire to advance the clean energy economy and the aptitude to be a next-generation leader.
Competitive applicants will possess:
- Passion for the future of clean energy and conviction that a new generation of leaders is needed to advance the transition to a clean energy economy.
- Aspiration to lead and a commitment to deepen their knowledge of clean energy policy, regulation, finance, and innovation. These are individuals who understand the importance of collaboration and actively seek out others whose expertise may be outside their own.
- Belief in the value of a strong community, especially as it may serve to enhance personal and professional goals. CELI members are committed to building ties and friendships that will endure throughout their professional lives.
- For each class, we seek individuals with unique backgrounds and a vision for the future. They can demonstrate this in a multitude of ways:
- Policy expertise in government, academia, non-profit or law
- Business acumen or analytical skills in for-profit companies and organizations
- Communications expertise from consulting, speech writing, and journalism
- Grassroots organizing and advocacy
- Entrepreneurship and business development
CELI FELLOWSHIP: TIMELINES & REQUIREMENTSKEY DATES
|June 15, 2018||Application Released|
|July 15, 2018 @ 11:59 pm PDT||Application Deadline|
|August 6 – 17, 2018||Candidate Interviews (by invitation)|
|August 24, 2018||Applicant Notification|
|August 31, 2018||Tuition Payment Due|
|September 8, 2018||All-Day Orientation (mandatory)|
|October 20, 2018 (Tentative)||Half-Day Leadership Training (mandatory)|
|September 12 – December 19, 2018||Weekly Fellowship Training Seminars (Wednesday evenings, 6:30-8:30pm)|
To be considered for the Fall 2018 Fellowship Training Program, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Submit the $20 application fee
- Reside in the Washington, D.C. or San Francisco Bay Area for the duration of the 14-week program;
- Meet application deadline and attend an in-person interview, if selected;
- Have fewer than five years (generally) of professional experience in clean energy.
To remain in the CELI network, fellows must meet the following requirements:
- Pay the Fellowship Training Program tuition (see schedule below);
- Attend the Fellowship Training Program Orientation;
- Attend at least 12 of 14 core curriculum sessions (held weekly on Wednesday evenings from 6:30-8:00 pm).
- Complete CELI’s Capstone Project Requirement: publishing an op-ed, creating and pitching a business concept, or giving a subject-matter presentation
CELI Fellowship Training Program Tuition
Celi Fellowship Training Program Tuition $850.00
|One-Time Payment||$850.00 Due August 31, 2018|
|Payment Plan||$250.00 Due August 31, 2018; $600.00 Balance Paid in $100.00 Monthly Installments|
*No candidate or member will be prohibited from participating in CELI based on his or her ability to pay. Do not consider cost in your decision to apply.* CELI’s training program can typically be covered through your organization’s professional development funds and Scholarships are also available. If accepted, CELI will work with everyone individually to determine payment requirements, including scholarship eligibility.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.