International Program fully bunded by the Government of India.
The ITEC Program has the following components:
- Training (civilian and defence) in India of nominees from ITEC partner countries;
- Projects and project related activities such as feasibility studies and consultancy services;
- Deputation of Indian experts abroad;
- Study Tours;
- Gifts/Donations of equipment at the request of ITEC partner countries; and
- Aid for Disaster Relief .
- Training or capacity building is one of the major activities under ITEC. The professionals and people from developing countries are offered unique training courses, both civilian and defence, in different centres of excellence in India which empower them with not just professional skills, but prepare them for an increasingly globalized world.
- (a) Civilian Training Programme: For Civilian Training Programme, around 12000 scholarships are being offered to ITEC/SCAAP partner countries to attend the various training courses in India.The premiere institutions of India offers more than 300 short-term, medium-term and long-term courses during the year. The training programme is demand-driven and subjects selected are of interest to developing countries for their working professionals. The wide and diverse spectrum of skills and disciplines offered ranges from IT to rural development, parliamentary practices to entrepreneurship, marine to aeronautical engineering and so on. An encouraging trend of senior level participants from within and outside Government joining ITEC courses has been noticed which indicates the efficacy of the courses for capacity building, empowerment and upgrading of skills. At the specific request of partner countries, special courses on specific topics are also organized under the ITEC.
- (b) Defence Training: This covers training of personnel belonging to all the three wings of Defence Services, viz., Army, Air Force and Navy nominated by the ITEC partner countries in prestigious institutions like National Defence College, Defence Services Staff College, etc. The facility is also extended and availed of by some select developed countries on self financing basis. The training field covers Security and Strategic Studies, Defence Management, Marine and Aeronautical Engineering, Logistics and Management, etc.
ITEC Terms & Conditions
- Participants are required to obtain from the Indian Mission the contact telephone/mobile numbers of the Course Coordinator and the Institute. They must familiarize themselves with the weather conditions and the type of clothes to be carried to India
- Participants are required to conduct themselves with discipline and abide by rules, regulations and guidelines as stipulated by both the nominating Government and the Government of India
- Participants are required to complete the training Course. Request for change of Course midway would not be entertained.
- Participants are required to abide by the rules of the university/institution/establishment in which the participant is selected to undergo the training as well as participate in all Course-related activities including submission of periodic assessments/tests as conducted by the Institute.
- Participants are to refrain from engaging in any political activity and/or any form of employment for profit or gain.
- Participants are not allowed to bring along their spouses or families for the duration of the Course. No such request would be entertained by Government of India.
- Participants are required to return to their countries upon completion of the training Course.
- Participants who leave the Course midway without prior intimation/permission of the Ministry of External Affairs or remain absent from the Course without sufficient reasons are liable to refund the cost of training and airfare to Government of India.
- Participants are taken on study tour(s) as part of their Course Curriculum to visit different heritage sites/places of interest in India. No requests for any additional private tourism, etc. will be entertained during the Course.
- ITEC sponsorship may be cancelled at any time due to unsatisfactory conduct, breach of conditions of the Programme, failure to make satisfactory progress in the training Course or for other sufficient reasons as determined by the Government of India.
- Female participants are advised to abstain from joining training Courses if they are pregnant prior to their departure for India.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.