Essex International Visiting Fellowships are prestigious, competitive awards for high performing, established academics and researchers. This flagship programme provides support for outstanding researchers to undertake a period of research at Essex that is of major importance in its field and of significant benefit to Essex's research.
The programme provides a platform to:
- work with Essex academics on a research project or publication
- champion Essex as a centre of scholarly excellence at an international level
- raise the profile of the multi-disciplinary research community at Essex
- enrich the research and training environment for early career postgraduate and postdoctoral scholars at Essex
Programme components and current availability
The Essex International Visiting Fellowship programme has two options:
- Short-stay International Visiting Fellow – to enable scholars to spend a maximum of two weeks at Essex. Applications are open until 30 November for visits starting in January 2018.
- Extended-stay International Visiting Fellow – to enable scholars to spend between six and ten months at Essex. Applications are open until 31 March 2018 for visits starting in September 2018.
Essex International Visiting Fellowships are open to researchers based outside the United Kingdom, who have a sustained track record of significant output, as demonstrated in peer-reviewed literature, and a strong commitment to quality research outputs. PhD students and post-doctoral students are not eligible for the scheme.
International Visiting Fellows applications must be supported by a senior Essex academic and during their visit it is expected that the Fellow(s) will contribute to the wider activity of the University, engaging with a wide cross-section of the research community.
Please keep in mind that the International Visiting Fellowship is awarded on a competitive basis.Benefits
An Essex International Visiting Fellowship includes:
- economy travel for the Visiting Fellow (return journey)
- self-catering accommodation, including the cost of utilities
- a contribution to subsistence (£100 per week)
Award holders are given the title International Visiting Fellow for the period of their stay.
How to apply
During your stay, it is anticipated that you will contribute to a number of activities. When you apply, you should therefore identify events and activities you that will contribute to during your stay. The programme of events should aim to incorporate some of the following:
- presentation of your core research to a targeted audience
- research and/or training event targeted at PhD students and early career scholars
- exploration of further collaborative opportunities with groups/individuals
- a public event
- interdisciplinary activity aimed at an audience beyond your immediate field of specialism, eg lecture, performance, exhibition, seminar, workshop
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below