Center for Critical Korean Studies Post-Doctoral Scholar 2018, USA
The Center for Critical Korean Studies (CCKS) at the University of California, Irvine invites applications for a full-time, non-tenured, academic term appointment for Postdoctoral Scholar position from September 1, 2018 to August 31, 2019. While in residence, the postdoc will:
- Work on an individual research project leading to publication as defined in the cover letter
- Give one public lecture or works-in-progress talk on campus during appointment period
- Attend and co-organize CCKS-sponsored events, such as lectures, film screenings and symposia
- Engage in various CCKS's community projects such as managing a historical archive, organizing fundraising events, and networking with the local community and visiting scholars.
Minimum QualificationsPh.D. in a humanities or social science discipline and a Korea-related research topic. (Degree received within the past seven years.)
This position is 12-month, full-time appointment and includes benefits. Starting annual salary is $48,216. UC postdoctoral salary levels and experience requirements are determined by a union-negotiated contract.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Interested candidates should submit the required application materials listed at https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/JPF04487. Candidate must have the proof of degree completion before the appointment begins on September 1, 2018.
Applications must include the following:
- Cover letter explaining research project, teaching experience and what you plan to accomplish while in residence at CCKS
- Writing sample (max. 30 pages)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity
Contact: Erica Yun, CCKS Program Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V
- Cover Letter
- Statement of Research
- Statement of Teaching
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence.
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.