International Baccalaureate (IB) Scholarship - South Asia 2018, Australia
This Scholarship was established by UTS to attract top achieving commencing international students who are completing the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma qualification from South Asia, and are enrolling in an undergraduate program at UTS in Sydney.
Value and benefit
Number of Recipients
- Up to four (4) new Recipients will be awarded the Scholarship each year, for a commencement at UTS within the period of 1st of July to 30th of June.
Benefit/s to Recipient
- UTS will pay for 50% of each Recipient’s UTS tuition fees for the course enrolled in for the duration of the Scholarship as defined in clause 4.
- The Scholarship cannot be transferred, deferred or redeemed for cash.
Payment of benefit/s:
- The tuition fee contributions will be made directly to the Recipient’s UTS fees account each session for the duration of the Scholarship as defined in clause
- The tuition fee contributions are subject to the Recipient satisfying ongoing eligibility criteria
The duration of the Scholarship is the standard number of sessions required for completion of the Recipient’s enrolled undergraduate course on the basis of a full-time study load, as specified in the letter of offer for admission to the course. Where the Recipient does not follow the usual standard full-time course structure, the total value of the Scholarship may be exhausted prior to course completion. The maximum duration of the Scholarship is eight sessions under any program
Recipient eligibility criteria
To be eligible to apply for the Scholarship, an applicant must meet all of the following criteria:
- Must be a citizen of a country in the South Asia region (Bangladesh, Nepal, India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka)
- Must be an international student (not an Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen or permanent resident of Australia)
- Must be completing or have completed an International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma
- Meet the UTS admission criteria for the selected UTS undergraduate degree course
- Must obtain an aggregate score including bonus and penalty points of 28 or above in their International Baccalaureate (IB) final grades or 33 or above in their International Baccalaureate predicted grades at the point of the scholarship application
- Completed the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma no longer than 1 year prior to commencing at UTS, and be admitted based on this qualification to UTS
- All candidates must apply using the UTS online Scholarships application form to be eligible.
NOTE: Students enrolling in a UTS transnational program are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Recipient selection criteria
Academic merit based on International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma final results or International Baccalaureate predicted results. Where there are multiple applicants with the same International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma results, further consideration will be given to the answer to the following question:
How do you intend to utilize your UTS degree to contribute to the community?
Applications of eligible candidates will be presented to a Scholarships Selection Committee, which will undertake the selection of Recipients, usually in May/June and November/December each year. The Scholarships Committee will be made up of at least three relevant members of the UTS community and is to include:
- Chair: Director, UTS International (or nominee)
- Manager, Fees and Scholarships (or nominee)
- And may include another UTS staff member Offers will be authorised by the chair of the Scholarship Selection Committee.
Termination if the recipient's scholarship
The Scholarship will terminate:
- If the Recipient ceases to meet the eligibility criteria; or
- If the Recipient breaches any conditions of the Scholarship; or
- If UTS determines that the student is guilty of misconduct and after consultation with the Director, Student Administration Unit, the delegate able to award the Scholarship deems that it is not appropriate for the Recipient to continue to hold the Scholarship.
- If the scholarship is terminated due to breaching any conditions or misconduct, the Recipient may be required to reimburse UTS for any scholarship payments already made.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.