Call for Papers
3rd Annual Conference on Academic Integrity
Higher School of Economics at KAZGUU University and Nazarbayev University (Astana, Kazakhstan) are pleased to call for presentations at the upcoming 3rd Annual Conference on Academic Integrity with the focus on Internationalization to be held at KAZGUU University in Astana, Kazakhstan on May 18-19th, 2018.
The Conference aims to share best practices, raise issues, and promote and discuss recent developments in theoretical and empirical research on academic integrity. Scholars, practitioners and graduate students around the world are welcome to join and submit proposals.
The focus of this year’s Conference is Academic Integrity and Internationalization. International student mobility, the proliferation of cross-border and transnational education programs, and competition among national and regional scientific research activities have led to the expansion and liberalization of the global higher education space. This global higher education space is also being transformed by emerging technologies. Internationalization and technological transformations both enable and endanger practices of academic integrity. Many important challenges arise from this dynamic context: sustaining shared values and practices of academic integrity across borders; ensuring continuity of high-quality standards in transnational education, and using technologies to promote academic integrity (whilst avoiding abuse of technologies by students to breach rules of integrity) are some of them. Organizers of the Conference invite all interested scholars and practitioners to submit panel proposals and individual paper abstracts dealing with different aspects of ensuring academic integrity in the context of increasing internationalization and technological disruption.
The conference welcomes proposals related to the conference topics :
- Kazakh Higher Education in the Face of Competition from Chinese and Russian Universities
- Academic Integrity and the Impact of Technology
- Academic Integrity and Strategic Internationalization
- Institutional Review Board (IRB) Policies and Procedures
- Internationalization through Erasmus+
- Academic Integrity in Multicultural Context
- Intrusion of Technologies and Erosion of Academic Integrity
- Ensuring Academic Standards in Transnational Programs
- Universality of Academic Integrity Practices
- Challenges of Affirming Values of Academic Integrity in Internationalized Context
- Quality Assurance and Internationalization
- Research Ethics and Scientific Standards
- International/Cross-Border Cooperation for Promoting Academic Standards
Relevance. The abstract should address an important research area or practical problem in the field of academic integrity and internationalization.
Scope of interest. Abstracts with a broad regional and international interest to researchers and to practitioners will be preferred.
Clarity. The abstract should be in English, it should be logical and offer clear implications for theory and/or practice.
HOW TO SUBMIT A PROPOSAL
Please submit your proposal electronically to the following email:
firstname.lastname@example.org submission system.
In your proposal be sure to provide the following details:
- Your name and institutional affiliation.
- Title of your abstract and no more than five key words.
- State the category of your abstract:
- A case study
- Research work in progress (include your proposed research methods)
- Literature review
- Conceptual paper
- Abstract (between 100 and 250 words)
Conference participation fee:
Full Registration: $US 45 (15 000 KZ Tenge)
Registration not including catering: $US 30 (10 000 KZ Tenge)
Student Registration: $US 15 (5 000 KZ Tenge)
The fee includes coffee-breaks, lunch and the conference proceedings.
Participants are expected to cover their own travel and accommodation expenses.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.