The Bogliasco Foundation Fellowship Program 2018, USA
The Bogliasco Foundation supports the Arts and Humanities by providing residential Fellowships at its study center in Italy’s most vibrant, historic crossroads, where gifted artists and scholars of all cultures come together to connect, create and disseminate significant new work.
Located in the fishing village of Bogliasco near Genoa, in a region of extraordinary beauty whose landscape has stimulated creative expression for centuries, the Bogliasco Foundation offers one-month residencies to individuals who can demonstrate notable achievement in the Arts and Humanities: those disciplines that seek to understand our place in the world, shaping and defining what it means to be human.
Bogliasco Fellowships are awarded to gifted individuals working in all the disciplines of the Arts and Humanities without regard to nationality, age, race, religion or gender.
To be eligible for the award of a Fellowship, applicants should demonstrate significant achievement in their disciplines, commensurate with their age and experience. Please note that Bogliasco Fellowships are not awarded to students currently in a degree-granting program. The Foundation gives preference to those whose applications suggest that they would be comfortable working in an intimate, international, multilingual community of scholars and artists.
The Foundation only accepts applications submitted through the online application system. To access the system, you must first register for an account. Once registered, you may log in as needed to work on your application by clicking on the "login" button indicated to the left.
The following documents, which may be submitted in English, Italian, French or Spanish, will be required. Please note that the Foundation cannot process application materials submitted in any other language.
- The completed application form.
- Three letters of reference, which must be uploaded directly by the referees and received by the application deadline.
- A short-form curriculum vitae, no more than three pages in length.
- A one-page description of the project that the applicant would pursue during her/his stay at the Bogliasco Study Center.
- A sample of the applicant’s work that has been published, performed, exhibited, or otherwise publicly presented during the last five years.
- A $30 application fee, payable by credit card at the end of the application process.
Bogliasco Fellows may be accompanied by their spouses/partners during their stay at the Bogliasco Study Center. Spouses/partners who intend to pursue a project in one of the disciplines, and who wish to be designated as Bogliasco Fellows, must submit separate and complete applications. Although the Foundation accepts collaborative Fellowships, applicants must submit separate applications and be prepared to share living quarters and/or studio space at the study center.
- Children cannot be accommodated at the Study Center.
- Overnight visits by friends, colleagues or family members are not possible.
- Pets are not allowed.
- Reapplications: There is no limit to the number of times a candidate can apply for a Bogliasco Fellowship. However, previous recipients of a Bogliasco Fellowship must wait five years before reapplying. For example, Bogliasco Fellows who were in residence during the spring 2014 semester are eligible to reapply for spring 2019.
- The Foundation does not allow Fellows to defer their residencies. A Fellow who turns down a Bogliasco Fellowship must reapply to be considered for another semester.
- Those with food allergies or other dietary restrictions should contact the Foundation at email@example.com before submitting an application.
- Those who have problems walking up and down stairs or steep inclines should contact the Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org before submitting an application.
- At the minimum, Fellows must be able to speak conversational English to communicate in this international community, where the common language is typically English.
Bogliasco Fellowships include full room and board, plus the use of a private studio. The cost of transportation to and from the Bogliasco Study Center is the responsibility of Fellows and their accompanying spouses/partners. So also are all project materials and equipment, and any personal expenses incurred during the fellowship period, including medical expenses. Spouses/partners will be charged a daily fee of $25 to help defray the cost of meals and housing.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.