AGYA Call for Membership 2018
The Arab-German Young Academy of Sciences and Humanities (AGYA) at the Berlin-Brandenburg Academy of Sciences and Humanities (BBAW) and the Academy of Scientific Research and Technology in Egypt (ASRT) is pleased to announce its Call for Membership 2018. AGYA promotes research cooperation among outstanding early-career researchers from all disciplines who are affiliated with a research institution in Germany or any Arab country. The academy provides partnership-building opportunities and funding to support the innovative projects of its members in various fields of research as well as in science policy and education. More than 50 members - in equal number Arab and German scholars - have been selected to join AGYA since 2013.
- AGYA offers its members a unique opportunity to take an active part in the life of the multidisciplinary academy and supports them to implement their own ideas, visions and creative projects in the framework of Arab-German research cooperation.
- AGYA membership is granted for up to 5 years followed by a lifelong membership in the alumni network of excellent researchers. Furthermore, AGYA connects its members with outstanding research institutions in Germany and the Arab countries and facilitates collaboration opportunities. Therefore, AGYA members have an exclusive access to an academic network of excellence.
- AGYA provides the funding to realize innovative research projects within its working groups and in joint projects between Arab and German members.
- Members meet regularly to discuss, develop and implement joint research initiatives on cutting-edge issues. Travel expenses for AGYA workshops and conferences are covered for all members.
- AGYA offers a range of training opportunities to enhance the academic careers as well as the interdisciplinary and intercultural skills of its members and promotes them as ambassadors of science and culture.
- Successful candidates are expected to have a proven record of research excellence in their field of specialization.
- Candidates with strong potential for academic leadership will be given priority.
- Membership requires active engagement. As AGYA is a working academy, successful candidates are expected to dedicate a significant amount of time to AGYA activities and the funded projects they initiate in the framework of the academy.
- Commitment to realizing interdisciplinary research projects in collaboration with AGYA members and other partners is essential.
- Elected members will be required to attend the annual conference of AGYA in the second half of October 2018.
- Early-career researchers from any field of the Life Sciences, Natural Sciences, Humanities, Social Sciences, Technical Sciences and the Arts are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be affiliated with a university or a research institution in Germany or any Arab country (Algeria, Bahrain, Comoros, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen).
- Applicants should be early career researchers. At the time of application, the candidate’s doctoral degree has preferably been awarded not less than three and no longer than ten years.
- Applicants must have full command of English, the working language of AGYA. No knowledge of German or Arabic is necessary.
Interested applicants are required to submit the following documents in English:
- Application form to be downloaded from website
- CV, including a list of publications
- Letter of motivation
- Two letters of academic references.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.