Postdoctoral Fellowships in Mobile bullying & Information Security
The department of Information Systems, University of Cape Town (UCT) is looking to recruit outstanding candidate for the post-doctoral researcher position in the area of mobile bullying and information security. The position will be based in Cape Town.
Value and tenure
The value of the Fellowship is fixed at R150 000 per annum and is tenable for one year. No relocation expenses are available. An additional R60 000 will be available during the year for Miscellaneous expenses and conference travel. The Fellowships carry no benefits and a directive for tax exemption will be applied for by UCT on behalf of the successful candidate.
Conditions and Eligibility
Both South African and foreign candidates are eligible. Applicants must have completed their doctoral study in the last five years. Applicants may not previously have held full-time academic posts. The applicant will be expected to have an outstanding educational profile in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related discipline, with evidence of interest and an ability to undertake research in the above mentioned fields.
The successful candidate will be expected to publish at least one journal publications in DoE accredited journals, and at least one DoE-conformant conference paper, during the year of tenure. The successful candidate will be required to enter into a Memorandum of Agreement with the University of Cape Town and a Memorandum of Understanding with his/her Principal Investigator. The successful candidate will be required to comply with the University of Cape Town’s approved policies, procedures and practises for the postdoctoral sector.
Applications must include the following:
- A covering letter explaining the candidate’s suitability and experience, as well as his/her availability.
- The applicant’s full curriculum vitae and a full list of publications.
- The names (and contact details) of at least two academics who have taught, supervised or worked alongside the applicant.
- Certified copies of all academic transcripts (undergraduate, Honours (if applicable), Masters (if applicable) and PhD).
- Please do not include copies of certificates.
- All applicants are subject to the policies, procedures and rules surrounding the postdoctoral sector at the University of Cape Town.
The University of Cape Town reserves the right to make no awards at all, to cancel the award if the conditions are not met, and to effect changes to the conditions of the award. The University of Cape Town reserves the right to disqualify ineligible, incomplete and/or inappropriate applications.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.