The International Centre for the History and Sociology of World War II and Its Consequences
The Higher School of Economics International Center for the History and Sociology of World War II and Its Consequencesin Moscow, Russia invites applications for postdoctoral research positions in the history of World War II and Soviet society.
The job involves:
· working under the supervision of Oleg Budnitskii, the Center’s Director, and Michael David-Fox, the Academic advisor at the International Center for the History and Sociology of World War II and Its Consequences
· participants are encouraged to pursue their own research that is thematically related to the Center’s research project on the history of World War II and wartime Stalinism, as well as on other topics dealing with Soviet history and culture more broadly
· writing research papers for international peer-reviewed journals
· providing consultations on writing scholarly papers in English to Russian colleagues and students
· participation in organization of the events and other contribution to the Center’s development
· public presentations of candidate’s own research to the researchers in the field and the broader academic community
· some teaching is encouraged, though not required.
The HSE offers access to its library and electronic resources.
- a PhD from an international research university in the field of Soviet or Modern European History or other related fields,
- publication record in English or potential for producing high-quality research publications,
- ability to work in a team,
- fluent English
General conditions for Post-Doctoral Research positions can be found here. Appointments will be normally made for one year. They assume internationally competitive compensation and other benefits including medical insurance.
A CV and research statement should be submitted via online application form and and two letters of recommendation should be submitted be the referees directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 15, 2018. Please note that direct applications to the hiring laboratory may not be reviewed.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.