INTERNATIONAL FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM
Japanese Association of University Women (JAUW) is now calling for Applications for its 2018 International Fellowships.
This program is to offer core funding to financially help you come and stay in Japan when you have found that it is preferable or very important for you to stay in Japan to further pursue your ongoing study/research.
Outline of JAUW International Fellowship Program
- The program is open to applications between November 2017 and March 31, 2018.
- The program will allow maximum of 2 recipients, each winning between Yen500,000 and up to Yen1,000,000 to support transportation to and from Japan and cost for her stay in Japan.
- The period of stay in Japan under this program is between September 2018 and March 2019 for 4 to 6 months.
- The program cannot be extended in all events.
1. Applicants must be of non-Japanese women in the age below 45.
2. Applicants must live outside Japan at the time of application.
3. Applicants must hold a Master’s Degree or above.
4. Applicants need to identify an institution/university in Japan where to conduct research. They need to have contacted and obtained a consent from a host at the identified institution/university before application.
5. Applicants have to answer the financial aid questionnaire (in Application Form Part 1), related to other fellowship applications.
6. Applicants have to give a brief account of the use of this fellowship (e.g.: tuition including entrance fee, if any, and transportation expenses).
7. Applicants should understand that the program cannot be extended in all events.
Responsibility when selected as awardee
- You must arrange own accommodation yourself with a help by your supervisor in Japan.
- You must engage in the proposed study/research for which the grant is awarded
- You must submit a written summary report of 500 to 700 words by the end of the funding period,
- You will be asked to make an oral presentation on your research/study report toward the end of the funding period at a meeting to be held by JAUW,
- You should refer to JAUW support as acknowledgment when you publish research results obtained during this program.
- When you need to change your initial schedule due to unforeseen or unavoidable reasons, you have to get a prior written approval from the JAUW President.
- Any serious delay in the official procedure such asdelay in the issuing of your visa, despite no fault on your side, may result in the cancellation of the grant.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.