Hearst Journalism Fellowship
Tomorrow’s journalists won’t be satisfied by simply telling stories; they will be creating immersive experiences that let audiences get involved with their reporting. The forward-thinking tools you’ll need are being used at Hearst today.
If you have the skills, passion and determination to be a journalist of the future – a trained professional who knows a good story and who has the talent and confidence to tell it in a way that best imparts its relevance and importance to news consumers – the Hearst Fellowship might be perfect for you.
This is the premier two-year newspaper fellowship in the country. Our goal is to recruit, train and retain the best of the next generation of journalists – top-notch multi-media professionals with a broad range of skills.
The program consists of two 12-month rotations at our top metro papers and websites. Fellows are full-fledged journalists expected to make significant, valuable contributions in a variety of roles and platforms. There is no better place to start.
The Fellowship is a two-year program focusing on journalism in a changing digital world. The Fellowship program consists of two 12-month rotations at our top metro papers. Fellows will receive training, mentoring and real-world experience alongside top journalists who are using cutting-edge tools to tell stories through data, video, and more. Hearst Fellows are full-time employees with competitive salary and benefits, including health insurance and moving expenses.
You may be offered a job at the end of the two-year program.
While participation in the program is not a guarantee of future employment, our goal is to recruit candidates who eventually will join our full-time professional staff. All of us at Hearst Fellowships have an investment in your future… and in the future of Hearst Newspapers.
Each completed digital package should contain:
- One-page resume, including:
- Academic major and minor, date or expected date of graduation
- Permanent and current addresses
- Email, website and social media addresses
- On a separate page:
- Three work/character references, including titles, email addresses and phone numbers
- Hot links to digital work samples
- Cover letter no longer than two pages highlighting your qualifications and making your case for becoming a Hearst Fellow
- Two letters of recommendation. These may be submitted through our recruitment portal within your application or emailed separately to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: