The European Union Delegation to Egypt presents its 10 th Photography Competition under the theme of "Favourite Destinations in Egypt"
The European Union (EU) Delegation to Egypt is organising its 10th Photography Competition in Egypt in order to promote and stimulate interest and creativity in photography among amateur photographers in Egypt, and to provide an opportunity for disseminating and exhibiting their work.
Egypt is a beautiful country with many destinations and variety of activities. Some of them are widely known and others are less. Under this theme, amateur photographers are invited to capture photos of their favourite destinations in Egypt; be it touristic or not, in big cities or in rural areas.
The theme of the 10th Photography Competition is: “Favourite Destinations in Egypt”. The EU Delegation to Egypt believes that the country has many beautiful and inspiring destinations. These destinations can be popular touristic places, but also destinations that the photographer relates to in his/her life. The Delegation of the European Union to Egypt calls on amateur photographers to capture scenes, places, sites or destinations in artistic and creative way. The contest aims to explore this subject in all its aspects in an attempt to obtain a unique image of Egypt by portraying many of its places in a distinctive and different way.
- Images will be judged on originality, technical excellence, composition, overall impact and artistic merit as well as the personal vision on the theme of "Favourite Destinations in Egypt" that the photographer conveys.
- Each contestant participates by sending three images. The jury will consider and value the quality and consistency of the work presented.
- Previously published material or images previously awarded in other competitions will not be accepted.
Photographic entries to this Competition can be delivered in hand or posted by mail. In both cases, the deadline for reception at the EU Delegation to Egypt is Thursday 02 November 2017. No entry arriving after the deadline will be accepted.
By participating in this photo competition, you agree to the entry rules, and the following legal conditions:
- Your entry to the contest constitutes your agreement to allow the photographs (and your name, occupation and country of residence) to be published as selected award winners in European Union publications and used for promotion of the EU Photography Competition including, but not limited to, exhibitions, an EU photo calendar, a brochure or electronic collection of photographs, online photo features, and web pages providing EU-related information.
- Participants retain ownership and all other rights to future use of their photographs. The European Union will credit and acknowledge the copyright of the author of the photograph in all its publications.
- By entering, participants warrant that his or her entry materials are original, and do not infringe on any third party's rights.
- By entering, participants release the EU and the members of the jury from any liability for any incorrect information, loss, claim or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the photo competition or any prize won. The EU shall have the right to verify, in its sole judgment, winner eligibility. Decisions of the EU shall be final and binding.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: