Summer Research Fellowships
The Endocrine Society offers Summer Research Fellowships to encourage promising undergraduate students, medical students, and first year graduate school students to pursue careers in endocrinology. The Society provides a stipend to each award recipient to participate in research projects under the guidance of a Society member for 10 to 12 weeks during the summer. After the summer fellowship, recipients are invited to attend ENDO 2019, the Society's Annual Meeting & Expo and will receive complimentary registration, airfare and lodging, and per diem for the duration of the meeting. Previous recipients of the Summer Research Fellowship can apply for the Excellence in Research award to continue their research training and career development.
Student applicants must meet the following requirements at the time of application:
- Currently enrolled in school full-time and may not be employed as a research assistant.
- Academic level must fall into one of the following categories:
- All undergraduate students currently enrolled in a four year institution
- Graduate students in their first year (began graduate school Fall 2017)
- Medical students who are beyond their first year of schooling
Mentors must meet the following requirements at the time of application:
- Must be active members in the Endocrine Society.
- Only one application per mentor may be submitted.
- Mentors who won a fellowship in 2017 are ineligible to sponsor an application.
The following items must be received to constitute a complete application:
- Completed online application form submitted by the student
- Summary of research project, jointly prepared by Mentor and Student (1 page)
- Mentor statement which includes:
- Mentor’s role in the research project including his/her plans for training
- Student’s role in the research project
- Student’s qualifications
- Student statement explaining why he/she chose Mentor’s lab and project
- Mentor’s biosketch (NIH Style; 5 page maximum)
- Transcripts from all advanced academic institutions in which student has been enrolled. Transcripts do not need to be official. All transcripts must be submitted in English.
- Student’s CV or resume (mailing address must be included)
- Disclosure of funding statements
NOTE: All supporting documents must be submitted as one PDF or Word file at the time of submitting the application.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.