Cash awards for new and upcoming photographers.
$200 grant for 1st Place.
$100 grant for 2nd Place.
Mystery prizes and recognition for 3rd, 4th, and 5th Places (a minimum $25 value).
EVERY entrant receives a FREE eBook (your choice out of four books).
The Kirk grant was created in memory of amateur photographer, Kirk G., to encourage and expose new artistic talent while supporting cancer patients and raising awareness.
- Step One: Please review the competition rules below.
- Step Two: Forward the $10 entry fee by clicking the "Add to Cart" button and following the secure store check out information.
- Step Three: Fill out the simple submission form below and upload two of your best photos from a creative project you're working on. Don't forget to check which free eBook you'd like us to send you
How the Kirk Grant began
In memory of Kirk G., who loved photography and brought color to this world. Cancer took our friend and family member too soon. Kirk didn’t have a chance to complete his photographic work or his life’s goals.
The contest’s combination of supporting new photographers while raising awareness and funds for cancer patients is our way of keeping Kirk’s memory alive. His legacy will live on through our efforts to encourage new artists and aiding us in the fight against cancer.
What to do:
- Send two of your best photos via the submission form above. We'll send you a confirmation that we received your photos along with your selected free eBook.
- Photo size. Image size should be JPG format, no larger than 1,100 pixels in width. Winners will be asked to submit larger files (no larger than 4mb) for printing and exhibition.
- A $10 entry fee is requested. (Why? See FAQs)
- Eligibility. Amateur photographers at least 18 years of age. Relatives of the judging panel are not qualified to participate. By definition, amateur means that sales from your photography are no greater than half of your income.
- Contest runs for three months, beginning September 1, 2016 and ending November 30, 2016.
- Winners are notified by email as well as showcased on our website and newsletter by December 17th, 2016. Press releases are sent mid-December as well.
What are the benefits of applying for this grant? ALL entrants receive a free ebook (out of four choices). Cash grants are awarded to first and second place contest winners. Third, fourth and fifth place receive surprise gifts with a minimum value of $25. First and second place winner’s entries are printed and matted for auction at cancer fundraising events. Winners and finalists are showcased on our website gallery page. Press releases are distributed online, which include the winning photos and a brief biography about the artist. Press releases are also shared on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, etc.) The prestige of public exposure is an excellent addition to a new photographer’s resume.
How to Pay? A fee of $10 is paid during sign up via secure checkout with Stripe or PayPal.
Why is there an entry fee? The entry fee covers the costs of organizing and promoting the Kirk Grant, printing and framing top entries, as well as funding the cash awards to the winning photographers.
What about rights to my work? You, the photographer, retain all rights to your creative work. (entrant assumes responsibility of submitted work’s originality and adherence to copyright laws) By entering, you are agreeing to allow the Kirk Grant to print and auction the winning submission(s) for a single charitable cause only (cancer fundraising event). Your photographs will not be used in any commercial projects or reproduced with commercial intent. By entering you are also providing the Kirk Grant the right to display your image(s) on our website to promote your work and if such images are used, a copyright with the photographer’s name will be included on or below each image.
What locations may participate? The contest is currently open to entrants in Canada, United States, and Mexico.
Can I enter more than once? Yes. You just need to fill out a new entry form and pay the entry fee for every two photos you wish to submit.
How old can the photographs be? Recent photographs and projects are encouraged, but there is no rule on the age of an image as long as it is your own work.
How will the grant money be provided? The grants will be awarded via Pay Pal or secure electronic transfer.
How will I know if I won? Winners are notified via the provided email address on the submission form and showcased on the website by December 17, 2016. This email address will not be sold or subjected to spam. Only occasional, relevant information and notices of future contest opportunities will be sent to your email box. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Who are the judges? Judging panel includes a veteran videographer, a professional photographer, a renowned illustrator, a graphic designer, and a volunteer panel of recognized fine artists and photographers. For the duration of the contest, judges prefer to remain anonymous. Each entrant is assigned a number and judges do not see any names.
When do I get my free eBook? We will send your selected book within two weeks of the date of your application.
To APPLY click "Further official information" below and fill the online form.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: