About the contest
The fraternity of photographers of the world is cordially invited to participate with their esteemed work of art in the 18th FU INTERNATIONAL SALON OF PHOTOGRAPHY, 2016 organised by FOTO UNIT, Kolkata, India. This Salon is organised in accordance with the recommended practice of FIAP, PSA, ICS & FIP and all acceptances will count for PSA Star ratings & for inclusion in the annual PSA “Who’s Who” of Photography & FIAP Honour & Distinctions.
Total number of awards: 97+1
- 5 PSA Gold Medals for Best Picture of digital sections only
- 6 FIAP Gold Medals for all sections
- 6 ICS Gold Medals for all sections
- 6 FIP Medals for all sections
- 6 FU Gold Medals for all sections
- 6 FU Silver Medals for all sections
- 6 FU Bronze Medal for all sections
- 12 FIAP HM Ribbon for all sections
- 18 FU Certificates of Merit for all sections
- 18 FU SPECIAL JURY AWARDS for all sections
- 1 FIAP Special light blue pin (SLBP) for Best Author of the Salon
- Dilip Bose Memorial Award for BEST CLUB
- Basudev Biswas Memorial Award for BEST MONOCHROME
- Kalpana Dam Memorial Award for BEST COLOUR
- Priti Kumar Ghosh Memorial Award for BEST CREATIVE
- Sourav Sengupta Memorial Award for BEST LANDSCAPE
- Ute Mitra Memorial Award for BEST TRAVEL
- Swapna Bhattacharya Memorial Award for BEST MOMENT
- Dina Nath Das Memorial Award for BEST NATURE
Submission of Entries to the Salon implies acceptance of the above regulations. Additionally, with the sole act of submitting his/her images or files to a salon under FIAP Patronage, the entrant accepts without exception and with no objection that the submitted images can be investigated by FIAP to establish if these obey to FIAP regulations and definitions even if the entrant is not a member of FIAP; that FIAP will use any means at its disposal for this undertaking; that any refusal to cooperate with FIAP or any refusal to submit the original files as captured by the camera, or failure to provide sufficient evidence, will be sanctioned by FIAP and that in case of sanctions following the non-compliance with FIAP regulations, the name of the entrant will be released in any form useful to inform the breaches of the rules. It is recommended to leave the EXIF data in the submitted files intact in order to ease eventual investigations.
For more official information click "Further official information" below.