Kapan Area Development Program Team Leader
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian and development organization working to create lasting change in the lives Established in 1950, World Vision operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide. It is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities, to overcome poverty and injustice. We pursue life in all its fullness for every child and serve all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender.
World Vision first came to Armenia for providing emergency aid to the victims of December 1988 devastating earthquake. During the next years WV’s projects have gone beyond meeting the demands of crisis situations to changing the quality of life in entire communities and helping Armenians to restore their country.
World Vision Armenia works in 194 communities in six marzes of Armenia and in Yerevan supporting 25 000 children and their families. The Organization fulfills advocacy, health care, education, economic development, child protection and spiritual growth activities.
WV Armenia operates mainly through its 10-15 years long-term Area Development Programs (ADP) that are predominantly funded through child sponsorship. ADPs are focused on promoting child well being through community participation and ownership.
4. Humanitarian & Emergency Affairs (HEA)
- Assist the community in developing/implementing disaster preparedness plan and disaster risk reduction (DRR) activities as a part of community development process.
- Ensure mainstreaming of Disaster Management (DM) with other ministry lines/sectors like: advocacy, child protection, health, education and economic development.
- Manage small scale local emergency response.
- Ensure involvement of staff in DM including awareness and application of WV DM standards and International Humanitarian Standards.
5. Security Operations
- Conduct Security Risk Assessments of the ADP as required/directed.
- Act as a point of contact for all safety and security related incidents in ADP.
- Ensure Core Security Requirements are implemented in the ADP area, in line with current risk ratings.
- Ensure that all security incidents (SI) are reported in accordance with WV Security Policy.
6. Other Responsibilities
- Perform other relevant tasks assigned by MDM.
- Coordinate regular staff and devotional meetings of the ADP.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training:
Higher education degree;
Knowledge & Skills:
Foundational values and knowledge: conceptual understanding of and commitment to development work among the poor, knowledge of and commitment to fundamentals and understanding of Christian, child-focused, community-based development concepts, approaches and processes, understanding of disaster risk reduction approaches, small scale local emergency response, development of disaster preparedness plan, understanding of core security requirements, security risk assessment and reporting are preferred;
Ability to manage multiple tasks and work under pressure.
Ability to think critically and reflect.
Commitment to continuous learning for self-development.
Strong interpersonal skills.
Solid computer skills including: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point and e-mail.
Skills in facilitation of development processes, including organisation and mobilization of communities and networking among different development partners such as community-based organisations (CBOs), churches, and World Vision staff and their respective roles and responsibilities.
Good skills in speaking and writing English are preferred.
Design, monitoring and evaluation: Conceptual understanding and required competency in basic DME functions (LEAP) is preferred.
Project management: Knowledge of and experience with staff care and supervision, staff capacity building, cost effective utilisation of resources, customer relations service, general principles of programme and financial management, resource acquisition and development are preferred;
Leadership skills: Skills in managing, building, and supporting a team with diverse roles and capacities
Understanding of financial accountability and budgeting skills is preferred.
Proven community and development management experience is preferred
Work Environment: Willingness to be flexible with hours when necessary and ability to travel locally up to 40% of time.
If you are interested to apply, please send a detailed letter of intent with a CV addressing relevant qualifications and experience to e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org with cc to email@example.com.
In the subject line of your e-mail message, please, mention title and location of the position you are applying for.
No information inquiries will be handled over the phone. Only short listed candidates will be notified for the interview.