Project: Strengthening the Y-PEER network in Armenia
Job Title: Project Coordinator
Modality: Service Contract, Part-time
Duration: 9 months
Duties and Responsibilities: Under the overall guidance of the UNFPA Assistant Representative and the direct supervision of UNFPA National Programme Officer the Y-PEER project coordinator assists in the coordination, planning, implementation and monitoring of projects and activities targeted at young people within the framework of the UNFPA Country Programme and strengthening the Y-PEER network in Armenia. The project coordinator will perform following tasks:
A) Y-PEER Armenia Network Sustainability
A.1) Develop and coordinate establishment and strengthening of the Y-PEER Armenia national network structure
A.2) Organize recruitment of new network members according the new structure (open call announcements, Volunteer agreement forms, terms of reference of network members and volunteers etc.)
A.3) Create Y-PEER activity related documentation such as (Annual working plan, M&E of the network and its members, network members’ profiles etc.)
A.4) Establish useful and productive cooperation with donor organizations and Governmental and non governmental institutions to insure the sustainability of the network
A.5) Draft guidelines & manuals for Y-PEER related trainings and sessions
A.2) Propose further steps for further development of the network as necessary
D) Monitoring and management
D.1) Draft M&E tools for the monitoring and evaluation of the network, its members, donors and partners.
Qualifications: We are looking for a candidate who has:
- Relevant university and postgraduate education in Social Science, Development Studies or related field;
- Relevant experience in training and education and health promotion among young people;
- Extensive experience in working with youth-led organizations/institutions working on youth issues, including youth policy related issues;
- Familiarity and experience with UNFPA and Y-PEER ;
- Experience in conducting and facilitating meetings and peer education training sessions;
- Good knowledge of English and Armenian languages;
- Proficiency in current office software applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, Internet);
- A positive and professional approach;
- Initiative and sound judgment and demonstrated ability to work in harmony with persons of different backgrounds;
- High motivation, proactivity and ability to work independently, with strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Established Sustainable Y-PEER network in terms of Network structure and its capacity
- Strategy of human resource management of the network developed
- Y-PEER recruitment system for further recruitment of the network members developed
- Y-PEER training guidelines and manuals developed
- Project proposals developed and submitted
- M&E tools for further monitoring and evaluation of the network activities developed
How to apply: Please submit your CV and Cover Letter to the UN House Guards Office by March 22nd, 2013, 17:00.
(Address: 14 P. Adamyan Street, Yerevan). Please note, that late applications will not be considered.
Please sign the registration form available with the UN Guards upon submission of your application.
UNFPA will be able to respond to those applicants in whom the organization has a further interest.