Central Asia and Caucasus Research and Training Initiative
CARTI seeks to assist the motivated young academics who are in crucial early stages of their careers to gain critical competence with the foundational and current scholarship and active involvement in international intellectual exchange and debate in their subject areas. With the support of CARTI, the Fellows engage state-of-the-art resources, theories, methodologies and approaches to their research and teaching in the subjects and areas of importance to the academic and social development in the region.
CARTI is committed to enrichment and innovation in higher education in the humanities and social sciences and emphasizes the significance of original and critical scholarly work in the development of university teaching and curricula.
- enhancing familiarity with the state-of-the-art in their disciplines and association with the current thinking in their fields, by improving access to seminal scholarship, relevant international expertise and contemporary debates within the international scholarly community;
- conducting individual and collaborative original, innovative and high quality research with critical discussion and peer feedback on the research process and outcomes, enhanced by advanced training in and practice of research design and contemporary methodologies and tools of academic research;
- applying research experience and outcomes to development of teaching and curriculum at the region’s universities and promoting research work as integral part of students’ learning;
- peer collaboration and mobility on regional and international level;
- development of skills and venues for publicizing scholarly work.
Academic Subjects and Working Language