The competition's aim is to promote the enrolled artist, giving them chance to join the international market of contemporary art.
This aim will be pursued by taking advantage of the opportunities that the contest offers:
- Euro 3000,00 (three thousand/00) money prize to the first selected
- Euro 1000,00 (one thousand/00) money prize to the second selected
- exhibit the selected artworks in a exhibition space, determined by competition.
- improvement of the relationship between finalists and critics, curators, gallery owners, public and private art institutions that will have access to this important exhibition.
- maximum visibility through the advertising campaign that will follow the competition and all its stages
- the works of selected artists will be published on "YICCA" catalogue which will be distributed free of charge to the finalists and will be available for professionals and institutions invited during the inauguration of the event.
There are no special qualifications requiered for entry.
The contest is open to all artists or groups of artists and professionals from any country.
Typology of works
All kinds of art works are accepted, including video, installations and performances.
All works will be presented by a picture or a video that must be followed by a description of the work.
All works must be available for the final exhibition and have to be artist's property.
Dates and deadlines
- November 1, 2016: Beginning of subscriptions.
- March 15, 2017: Subscriptions deadline.
- April 11, 2017: Notification of winning artworks.
The composition of the jury will be published on the official website before
the subscriptions deadline.
The jury will select 18 artists for the final exhibition.
From the final 18 artists participating in the exhibition will be announced first and second ranked who will win a prize of 3000 (three thousand/00) and 1000 (one thousand/00) euro.
The names of those two artists will be published on the official website in the last day of the exhibition.
The jury will also have to select supply artists in case there are artists selected from more than one juror. The jury verdict upon the winners is irrevocable.
The date of the opening will be published on the official website before the subscriptions deadline.
The date of the last day of the exhibition will be published on the official website before the subscriptions deadline.
Selected artists will be contacted for the preparation and submission of material for the final catalogue as well as for the preparation and submission of the works immediately after the subscriptions deadline.
Terms and conditions of subscription
All information about terms and conditions of subscription is published on the official website.To register please complete the registration form on the official website
Any subscription requests received by postal mail and/or through email will not be taken into account.
Each registered artist can submit more than one art works by paying for each one the requested subscription fee.
There are three ways to subscibe an artwork to the contest:
1) Subscribers not registered in YICCA communty:
The registration form must be fill out with:
- artist name and surname, pseudonym or name of artist group
- e-mail address,
- title of work (or word "untitled"),
- brief description of the work (technique, year, features etc.- max 1500 types),
- image of the work in jpg or gif format. Video must be uploaded as picture frame type (still video) requiered for submission;
- the video have to be uploaded through vimeo.com
2) Subscriber already registered in YICCA community:
Community users can submit their artworks (already inside the communty) to the contest by clicking "ADD TO CONTEST" button placed in the upper right area inside the chosen artworks page.
3) Third parties
Third parties can submit to the contest only artworks already inside the communty by clicking "ADD TO CONTEST" button placed in the upper right area inside the chosen artworks page.
Before forwarding of registration it will be necessary to choose a method of entry fee payment equal to EUR 40.00.
Sent registration will be held in stand-by by the system until payment of the quote is made.
After submitting the registration form, it can't be changed.
The available payment methods are:
- credit card, prepaid credit card or PayPal circuit card
Publication of the registration on the official website will occur only after verifying that the transaction is done. Usually it may elapse from few hours to few working days, it depends on the credit card or PayPal circuit used.
- bank transfer on the IBAN : MT30STBA19116000100071999918478
SWIFT-BIC : STBAMTMT
BANK : SATABANK PLC - Dragonara Road, St Julians STJ 3140, Malta
payable to: Aps MOHO
Remember to indicate in the section “reason for payment” the same name and surname of the artist or the same group name that was used for registration, and the reference number given by the system.
The registration on the official website occurs only upon receipt of the copy of payment transfer by fax or email. Copy of transfer payment can be sent by:
e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration will be published on the official website at the end of the verification process.
Registrations not completed with payment of registration fee, will be deleted from the system and not published on the official website.
For delays (more than 7 working days) in the publication of the registered works( having already completed the payment and send a copy of payment) the artists are invited to contact the administration office at email@example.com to solve any problem and loss of data.
Pictures are loaded automatically through the registration form on the official website.
Pictures can be uploaded with formats: jpg or gif.
The system provides automatic resizing of pictures for presentation in the preview pages and a downsizing to the maximum size of 650 x 500 pixels with 72 dpi resolution for viewing in-depth article.
Pictures with lower resolution and/or format will be presented without downsizing.
It is required to send a (still) video frame for preview in formats: jpg or gif.
The video has to be uploaded on vimeo.com
The system provides automatic resizing of frame for presentation in the preview pages.
For more information click "Further official information" below.