Artist In Residence Programme
The Artist In Residence Programme AIR Wro is a legacy programme of the European Capital of Culture Wrocław 2016. Its main purpose is to support and promote activities of individuals representing various fields of art and culture or active in border areas between them, interested in cooperating with representatives of local communities and environments as well as eager to build international cultural relations.
In 2017 AIR Wro focuses on contemporary urban culture and its different aspects. From the identity of cities’ inhabitants, curatorial and artistic research on historical contexts, diagnosis and analysis of the condition of civic and common awareness of the inhabitants, their role in creating and participating in various cultural and social activities, up to the issues of ecology and ‘shared space’, understood both as a public space as well as a platform for building and strengthening relations.
Whom do we invite?
City and its culture can be a starting point for artistic, cultural and social activities rooted in dialogue and mediation. We invite artists, curators, researchers, journalists, activists and animators interested in urban scene to create a new project in Wrocław. Key words for this open call are: urban identity and community, ecology and green philosophy, cultural and civic education, self-organisation and collectivism, public space and innovative solutions for cities, activism, guerilla initiatives, design and new technologies and, above all, artistic and cultural practices in contemporary urban environment.
We invite inhabitants of the following cities: Breda (the Netherlands), Lille and Poitiers (Department of La Vienne/France), Dresden and Wiesbaden (Germany), Grodno (Belarus), Hradec Kralove (Czech Republic), Kaunas and Vilnius (Lithuania), Lviv (Ukraine) and Ramat Gan (Israel).
What do we provide?
– residency in Wrocław from 6 to 8 weeks between June and October 2017
– accommodation in the city centre
– allowance in the amount of €20 per day
– coverage of travel expenses up to €300
– coverage of materials up to €300 gross
– substantive, networking, production and promotional support
How to apply?
The application consists of the following documents, prepared in English:
– description of the project, including its schedule and potential partners from Wrocław and Lower Silesia (institutions, organisations, individual artists and artistic groups)
Applications can be submitted via e-mail only at: email@example.com until 28th of April 2017, 24:00. The e-mail’s subject should be comprised of the name of the city and the applicant’s name and surname. In the e-mail please also include the preferred months of residency.
Open call: 8.03.2017-28.04.2017
– project’s compliance with the aim outlined in the Artistic Residency, detailed in § 1 of the Rules and Regulations (10 points)
– conceptual and artistic quality of the project, namely a precise description of the idea and process of its execution, artistic, research, education, animation and/or social value of the project, the use of interesting techniques and means of expression, references to broadly defined urban culture (10 points)
– international nature of the project, namely cooperation with the local artistic and cultural environments, as well as representatives of the local organisations and/or institutions, which will result in mutual exchange of knowledge, experience and activities (5 points)
– influence on civic, artistic and cultural activity of the local communities, namely participation opportunity for the residents of Wrocław and/or Lower Silesia, e.g. by means of workshops, training sessions, seminars, debates, lectures, presentations or meetings (5 points)
Berenika Nikodemska: firstname.lastname@example.org
Krzysztof Bielaszka: email@example.com
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: