Staatsbibliothek zu Berlin and the Oriental Institute of the Martin-Luther University Halle-Wittenberg
are inviting applications for another workshop in the series
Workshops on the study of Oriental manuscripts - Armenian Manuscript Studies: An Introduction
Date: 14 – 18 March 2016
Venue: Staatsbibliothek zu Berlin, Haus Potsdamer Straße 33 / Kulturforum
- The participants will be introduced to the study of different codicological and paleo-graphical aspects of Armenian manuscripts, including an overview on the history, col-lections and catalogues of Armenian manuscripts, bindings, genres, mise-en-texte, mise-en-page, inks, illuminations, miniature-painting, colophons, scripts, periodization, provenance etc.
- The theoretical part will be supplemented by hands-on sessions, in which the parti-cipants will have the opportunity to observe the features discussed themselves in Arme-nian manuscripts kept at Staatsbibliothek zu Berlin.
- The workshop will be conducted by: Prof. Dr. Dickran Kouymjian (California State University, Fresno, Berberian Chair of Armenian Studies, Emeritus)
- Other speakers: Prof. Dr. Armenuhi Drost-Abgaryan, Dr. Ira Rabin et al
- Keynote Lecture: 14 March 2016 (Prof. Dr. Dickran Kouymjian)
- The workshop is intended for advanced MA or doctoral students, and other junior researchers in the fields of Arme-nian Studies, Oriental Studies, Christian Oriental Studies, Theology, Indo-European Studies, Archaeology, Art Histo-ry and Comparative Manuscript Studies. Dependent on prior arrangement with the home institution, students of the Oriental Institute of the Martin-Luther University Halle-Wittenberg are entitled to receive credit points for their parti-cipation.
- The participation fee is 100 Euro. The enrollment in the workshop will only be active after payment. Bank details will be communicated to successful applicants in November 2015. In case of cancellation the fee cannot be reimbursed. The work-shop will be held mainly in English.
- The number of participants will be limited to 20!
Applications, including a motivation letter, curriculum vitae, a summary of your current research project, should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or by regular mail to Staatsbibliothek zu Berlin, Orientabteilung, Potsdamer Straße 33, 10785 Berlin, until 15 October 2015.