VINNMER Marie Curie Incoming
The call VINNMER Marie Curie Incoming is for funding incoming mobility of experienced researchers in possession of a doctorate or at least four years’ fulltime equivalent research experience. The researcher should be outside Sweden at the time of the application and spend at least 67 percent of the project duration in Sweden.
The aim of all international collaborative projects between organisations from the private and/or public sectors is to strengthen the qualification opportunities for the researcher.
Increased active involvement for the individual is ensured through strong commitment expressed in supporting letters from the formal applicant (the Swedish organisation) and the collaborating international organisation.
The grant is intended to fund half the salary of the researcher (project leader) for the duration of the project. It also covers additional relevant and justifiable costs relating to mobility.
The programme in brief
VINNOVA – the Swedish Governmental Agency for Innovation Systems - is Sweden’s innovation agency. Our mission is to promote sustainable growth by improving the conditions for innovation and funding needs-driven research. The overall objectives of the Mobility for Growth programme are to significantly enhance the innovativeness of the private and public sectors and promoting crosssector mobility. An essential element is to actively include the importance of human capital.
In 2012 VINNOVA commences its Mobility for Growth programme. Its overall objective is mobility and support for individual career development through mobility. The programme is the funding mechanism for incoming and outgoing transnational mobility for experienced researchers (including a reintegration phase for outgoing mobility) and it promotes active international collaborations between organisations.
Overall programme objectives
• Intersectorial mobility - Promoting mobility between the private and public sectors.
• Transnational mobility - Promoting researcher mobility and developing attractive careers.
• Qualified future leaders in R&I - Advancing training and skills demand through enhanced human resource management in highly competitive environments.
• Equal opportunities – Advocating and promoting better work/life and gender balance through flexible working arrangements under full employment contracts.
• Supporting mobility as a merit – A mobile career should be a strong future merit in all sectors conducting R&I. For greater understanding, we strongly recommend reading the full programme document before applying. Please see: http://www.VINNOVA.se/mobility
How to apply
Applications are submitted electronically through the application service on VINNOVA’s e-Services Portal (Intressentportalen). This can be accessed on the Calls for Proposals page of VINNOVA’s website.
N.B The application portal is in Swedish, so researchers are advised to contact the Swedish host organisation for assistance if needed.
To submit an application, you must first create a user account with VINNOVA, then use it to log into the application service. If you already have a VINNOVA user account, please use this.
Please note that applications should be received no later than 14.00 CET on the final application date. No additions may be made to applications after this unless VINNOVA requires them.
For information about the content of the application, see “Application content” below.
In case of questions about the electronic application function, please contact VINNOVA’s IT Support: +46 8 473 32 99, helpdesk@VINNOVA.se. IT Support is open weekdays, 08.00-16.30 CET.
Please note that proposals to VINNMER Marie Curie Incoming should focus on the individual researcher. The applicant should describe clearly when, where and for how long the qualification will be held and what specific areas of the project content that result in enhanced qualification. Accordingly, pure or traditional “project proposals” may not be assessed by the Mobility for Growth Programme Board.
It is strongly recommended that researchers contact the personnel department of their applicant organisations at the preparation phase of the proposal, in order to complete the budgetary section.
The application portal comprises a number of electronic forms for completion by the applicant. A complete proposal should include:
• Application form (2 pages).
• Project description (5 pages).
• Supporting letters from each organisation involved (see below).
• Personnel appendix (see below).
• Calculation of OH costs (mandatory for projects involving universities).
• Ethical issues table (mandatory for projects using hESC).
• Document explaining why hESC are needed, their origin and the quantity to be used (mandatory for projects using hESC).
The supporting letters (max. two pages each, A4 with 12-point typeface) should be written and signed by the respective parties. The letters should include the following and preferably be written in English:
• The Swedish host organisation (the formal applicant and grant recipient) should describe its international position, its view and the supporting activities/resources of the qualification opportunities and associated international collaborations. It should also describe the applicant R&I organisation’s resolve and capacity to establish and, in the long term, develop/maintain collaboration with the relevant organisation abroad.
• The international organisation should describe its international position and evaluate the collaboration, describe the international organisation’s resolve and capacity to establish and, in the long term, maintain collaboration with the applicant Swedish organisation. It should also describe additional support for researcher qualification etc. (optional for highly experienced researchers without collaborations).
The personnel appendix should include an up-to-date CV for the researcher (project leader). It should be max. five (5) A4 pages with 12-point typeface.
The project description (i.e. a description of the activities included in the qualification opportunity) should be a maximum of five (5) A4 pages with 12- point typeface excluding the mandatory tables. Please use the table template on the website.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: