VIDEA International Aboriginal Youth Internship Program
We are now accepting applications for the 2016 cohort for the International Aboriginal Youth Internship program
The International Aboriginal Youth Internships (IAYI) initiative provides opportunities for Aboriginal young adults to participate in international internships in developing countries.
The initiative aims to:
- provide valuable international work experience for Aboriginal youth;
- provide opportunities for Aboriginal youth to increase their awareness of and contribution to Canada’s international development efforts, through participation in internships with local partner organizations;
- build the capacity of Aboriginal youth to promote Canada’s international development efforts both in Canada and abroad.
VIDEA is pleased to announce that applications for 2016 internships are now available for this program. Please see below for job descriptions and application details. Any further questions can be directed to Hillary at email@example.com.
- All VIDEA internship programs, including this one, are drug and alcohol-free. When working in new countries and cultural environments the use of alcohol and drugs can impair judgment and result in increased health and safety risks. Candidates should be prepared to abstain from using drugs or alcohol for the duration of the internship;
- Other than in cases of an emergency, the intern cannot travel to other African countries or back to Canada during the placement;
- Interns must be able to commit to a five month absence from home (including one month of pre-departure/reintegration briefing in Victoria BC, and four months overseas)
All travel expenses are paid. Basic hostel-style accommodation is provided in-country and homestay accommodation during the briefings. A small allowance is paid monthly while the intern is overseas to cover the cost of local-style food and incidentals. Interns will also be supported by local coordinators and VIDEA staff based in southern Africa as well as in Canada.
To apply, please email the following in a single pdf file to Hillary Ronald at firstname.lastname@example.org and Rohan Stritch at email@example.com
1. Complete application form. Download IAYI Application 2016
2. Up to date resume including both education, work, and volunteer experience.
Please save all of the above documents in a single pdf file.