Valeo Innovation Challange Contest
The aim of the contest is to reward an innovative automobile-related project (technological innovation or idea for new ways of using the car) that is the product of the imagination of students worldwide.
Valeo launched the 3rd edition of its contest, the "Valeo Innovation Challenge 2016", which offers students from around the world the opportunity to become players in automotive innovation. They are required to come up with an innovation which would, between now and 2030, make the car and the way it is used more intelligent, intuitive, green and fun. These students are being asked to develop bold solutions for the society of tomorrow.
Through this contest, Valeo is showing that innovation lies at the core of its DNA and that Research and Development is a priority for the Group. It is the guiding force behind the 11,000 engineers who innovate each day while inventing the car of tomorrow.
The Group is seeking to raise student awareness of the challenges that careers in the automotive industry can offer them.
THE SELECTION CRITERIA FOR THE PROJECTS ARE:
- Bold, innovative and original idea of the project (“Best Innovation” category / “Best Idea for a new way to use cars” category);
- Challenges and relevance of the problem dealt with and factoring in of society’s expectations;
- Knowledge of technical / related matters;
- Feasibility and construction of proof of concept;
- Quality of presentation.
The 24 projects selected for the model phase will receive financial assistance in accordance with the content of Article 12 below.
A first prize of €100,000 will be awarded on completion of the contest in each of the following categories:
- The innovation prize for the best technological innovation
- The idea prize for new ways of using the car
The second prize for each in these two categories is €10,000. The deadline for submitting entries is 15 January 2016 at 12 noon, French time.
HOW TO ENTER
Documents relating to the contest and the on-line entry information are available on the site:
The present Rules were first filed on October 14, 2014 with the bailiff’s firm DARRICAU-PECASTAING, Huissiers de Justice, 4 place Constantin Pecqueur, 75018 Paris.
Pursuant to article 13 of said Rules, the Organizer has the right to modify all or part of the present Rules without incurring liability. In execution of this right, the present Rules were modified and new Rules were filed with the bailiff’s firm DARRICAU-PECASTAING on October 7, 2015 to modify:
- Article 6: CONTEST PROCEDURE
- Article 7: PROJECT REQUIEREMENT
- Article 12: FINANCIAL SUPPORT
- Article 16: CONFIDENTIALITY
OBJECT OF THE CONTEST
The challenge: Become an automotive innovation player: come up with an innovation which would, between now and 2030, make the car and the way it is used more intelligent, intuitive, green and fun.
ELIGIBILITY AND ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
The contest is open to students worldwide who have completed their high school education, with one entry per person (same name and same e-mail address).
Contest entrants must be able to travel outside their country of residence and possess, by October 2016, a passport that is still valid for six months after the date scheduled for the prize giving (October 2016).
Each team leader must plan to collate all of the original banking information and documents that will be required prior to payment of the financial support in phase 2 – creation of proof of concept (see article 12): IBAN, SWIFT numbers, letter from bank certifying that entrant is an account holder.
The following people may not enter the contest:
- employees of the organizer, of any company that it controls, that controls it or that is under joint control with it, and their children.
- people who have been involved in organizing the contest, and their children.
- people who have a conflict of interest (especially interns and apprentices still working for the company).
The contest starts on 29 September 2015 and the deadline for entries is 15 January 2016 at 12 noon, French time.
The prizes will be awarded towards the end of October 2016 in Paris, France
The organizers reserve the right, in the event of force majeure or for any reason that is beyond their control, to modify the contest dates. They cannot be held liable in this regard.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: