Research Fellowship (Ph.D position) in Theoretical Physics, Quantum Field Theory and Cosmology
The University of Stavanger invites applications for a research fellowship in Theoretical Physics, Quantum Field Theory in Cosmology. The position is shared between the Department of Physics, NTNU and Department of Mathematics and Physics, UiS.
This is a trainee position that will give promising researchers an opportunity for academic development leading to a doctoral degree.
The appointment is for four years with both research and 25% compulsory duties. A requirement of the position is that the candidate spends the first two years at NTNU in Trondheim, and the next two years at UiS in Stavanger. The position is vacant from 1/9 2019.
We are looking for an excellent candidate with good knowledge of analytical or numerical computations in quantum field theory, and knowledge of cosmology and early Universe physics. Keywords include quantum field theory in curved space-time, quantum effective actions, inflation, gravity and numerical field theory.
The position is funded by NTNU and UiS.
The appointee will be enrolled on the doctoral programme at the University of Stavanger.
- varied duties in a large, exciting and socially important organisation
- an ambitious work community which is developing rapidly. We strive to include employees at all levels in strategic decisions and promote an informal atmosphere with a flat organisational structure
- colleague-based guidance programme during your first year of teaching at UiS, NyTi
- salary in accordance with the State Salary Scale, l.pl 17.515, code 1017, NOK 479.600,- gross per year with salary development according to seniority in the position.
- automatic membership in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund, which provides favourable insurance- and retirement benefits
- favourable membership terms at a gym and at the SIS sports club at campus
- employment with an Inclusive Workplace organisation which is committed to reducing sick leave, increasing the proportion of employees with reduced working capacity, and increasing the number of professionally active seniors
- "Hjem-jobb-hjem" discounted public transport to and from work
- as an employee in Norway, you will have access to an optimal health service, as well as good pensions, generous maternity/paternity leave, and a competitive salary. Nursery places are guaranteed and reasonably priced
- relocation programme in event of moving to Norway, including support and language courses for spouses
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: