Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship in Philosophy
A Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship (SKO 1352) is available at ConceptLab at the Department of Philosophy, Classics, History of Art and Ideas, University of Oslo (UiO). The department is looking for a Post-Doctoral Fellow whose research will contribute to the research theme “Formal concepts” and who will contribute to the research environment of ConceptLab in general. For information about this particular research theme and the research profile of ConceptLab in general, pl
The candidate will be expected to have her or his residence and work place in Oslo, to participate in the various workshops and conferences organized by ConceptLab, and to be an active member of the research team.
The position is available for a period of three years. There is a 10% component of the position which is devoted to teaching and administrative duties.
The main purpose of postdoctoral research fellowships is to qualify researchers for work in higher academic positions within their disciplines.
- A PhD with a specialization in philosophy or another relevant background (the dissertation should be successfully defended by the start of the contract)
- The candidate's research project must be closely connected to the research theme “Formal concepts”
- Good English language skills
In the evaluation of the applications, emphasis will be placed on:
- the project’s scientific merit, research-related relevance and innovation
- the applicant’s estimated academic and personal ability to carry out the project within the allotted time frame and to contribute to the main project
- the quality of the project description
- the candidate’s international experience and network
- good co-operative skills, and the ability to successfully join in academic collaboration within and across disciplines.
We are looking for a strongly motivated, competent and internationally oriented candidate, with high academic qualifications in the relevant area of research.
- Salary level 486 100 - 567 100 NOK per year, depending on qualifications
- a challenging and stimulating working environment
- attractive welfare benefits
Applicants must submit the following attachments with the electronic application, preferably in PDF format:
- Application letter with an expression of interest and specification of how the project will contribute to the research theme “Formal concepts”
- Writing example (maximum 7000 words)
- Curriculum Vitae with grades listed
- List of publications
- Project description (approximately 3-5 pages). The project description must present a feasible progress plan. It is expected that the applicant will be able to complete the project during the period of appointment
- Two letters of reference should be sent separately to Lina Tosterud.
Diplomas, certificates, doctoral thesis and other academic works will be requested later.
Please note that all documents must be in English.
The short-listed candidates will be invited to an interview at the University of Oslo or we will arrange for an interview by Skype.
Following the Freedom of Information Act (Offentleglova) § 25, Chapter 2, information about the applicant may be used in the public list of applicants even if the applicant opts out from the entry in the public application list.
The University of Oslo has an Acquisition of Rights Agreement for the purpose of securing rights to intellectual property created by its employees, including research results.
The University of Oslo aims to achieve a balanced gender composition in the workforce and to recruit people with ethnic minority backgrounds.
To APPLY click "Further official information" below and fill the application form.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: