Postdoctoral Fellowship in Biophysical Chemistry
A 2-year postdoctoral position is available in the research group of Dr. Irep Gözen at the Centre for Molecular Medicine Norway (NCMM); Department of Medicine, University of Oslo.
The project is aimed at the manipulation and characterization of surface-adhered biological membranes to understand the material-driven aspects of cellular processes. Major parts of the project contain fabrication of liposomes and 2D lipid films; design, fabrication and characterization of engineered surfaces, micromanipulation of surface-adhered bio-objects using glass capillaries or microfluidic chips and the observation of the responses mainly by optical or surface microscopy. The results are utilized to elucidate key materials aspects of biomembranes and cell behavior.
The application must include:
- Cover Letter (stating motivation for working in the group, max. 1 page)
- A summary of candidate’s own soft matter research ideas (max. 2 pages)
- CV (summarizing education, positions and academic work and method competence max. 2 pages)
- Copies of educational certificates (Foreign applicants are advised to attach an explanation of their University’s grading system)
- A complete list of scientific publications: Articles, Reviews, Book chapters, Conference Proceedings, Presentations
- List of references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and telephone number)
- Optional: Letters of recommendation
In accordance with the University of Oslo's equal opportunities policy, we invite applications from all interested individuals regardless of gender or ethnicity.
UiO has an agreement for all employees, aiming to secure rights to research results a.o. Note that no one can be appointed for more than one specified period at the same institution.
Salary: The postdoctoral position will be placed as SKO 1352 (position code) postdoctoral research fellow with salary NOK 486 100 – 567 100 per year - depending on qualifications.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.