Ralph C. and Mary Lynn Heid Research Fellowships
The University of Michigan Library invites applications for fellowships for research in residence. We will award Ralph C. and Mary Lynn Heid Research Fellowships to support research projects that require substantial on-site use of our special collections, including those held in the Special Collections Research Center and the Stephen S. Clark Library. Collections that are out of scope for this fellowship opportunity include the Joseph A. Labadie Collection and the Papyrology Collection. Applications for support for all types of research projects -- academic, creative, journalistic, etc. -- will be considered, and no specific credentials are required.
- $1,500 for a project requiring a residence of one week or more
- $3,000 for a project requiring a residence of three weeks or more
- Application Deadline: Friday 31 January 2020
- Award Notification: by Tuesday 31 March 2020
- Residency: between 1 July 2020 and 30 June 2021
- A description of the proposed research (500 words or fewer)
- A description or preliminary list (one page max) of the collection material to be consulted
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- Two (2) letters of support
- The fellowship opportunity is open to applicants of all nationalities.
- Non-U.S. citizens awarded a fellowship are required to obtain a J-1 visa.
- Fellowships are normally not granted to researchers who live within commuting distance of the library.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.