Human Rights Scholarship
The Human Rights Scholarship was established by the University of Melbourne and awarded to students who are undertaking research in the field of human rights.
The University usually awards two scholarships per year.
The duration of this scholarship is up to two years for students undertaking a Master by research degree and up to three years, with a possible six month extension, for students undertaking a Doctorate by research degree.
The following benefits apply:
- A fortnightly living allowance of approximately $31,000 per annum (pro-rata); and
- The following benefits in line with the Australian Postgraduate Awards benefits:
- A fortnightly living allowance
- Relocation grant for students moving to Melbourne from interstate or from outside Australia
- Thesis allowance
- Limited paid sick, maternity and parenting leave
Note that the Human Rights Scholarship does not cover tuition fees for international students.
To be considered for this scholarship, you must:
- have completed tertiary studies that are at least equivalent to a 4-year honours degree at an Australian university with a minimum result of upper second class honours;
- have applied for or be enrolled in a graduate research degree at the University of Melbourne in the area of human rights; and
- be committed to the peaceful advancement of respect for human rights that extends beyond academic studies (such as voluntary work and/or work experience);
- not have completed a course deemed to be at the same level or higher than the course for which you have applied for or enrolled in; and
- not have previously received a Human Rights Scholarship
In addition, applicants who have commenced their graduate research degree at the University of Melbourne must have at least 12 months full-time or equivalent candidature remaining.
You must submit an online application for both the Graduate Research Scholarships group and the Human Rights Scholarship.
Eligible applicants are selected on the basis of the area of study in and level of commitment to human rights, academic merit and strength of supporting documentation.
Applicants will be notified of the outcome by email in February. Reasons for non-selection and feedback on individual applications will not be provided.
To APPLY click "Further official information" below and fill the application form.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: