5-year Research Fellowships promote researchers with significant work experience at the postdoctoral level aiming for a career in academia. Research Fellows build their own academic identity by leading an independent research group at the University of Konstanz.
The Zukunftskolleg provides them with a professional infrastructure and an appropriate workplace for conducting research. Each fellow receives an annual research allowance, e.g. for funding research assistants or equipment. Furthermore, the Zukunftskolleg gives financial support for start-up, consumerables and travel costs, and assists in developing academic skills.
Each fellow is a member of both a university department and the Zukunftskolleg. A mentoring committee supports each fellow in her/his career development. This committee consists of an experienced researcher from the fellow’s research field within the university department, as well as an advanced Research Fellow of the Zukunftskolleg.
Fellows have a work contract with the University of Konstanz and are expected to have their place of residence in Konstanz. They participate actively in the regular weekly meetings (Jour Fixe) of the Zukunftskolleg and have an opportunity to teach.
In order to be eligible, candidates must fulfill all eligibility criteria:
- applicants must have a doctoral degree and have acquired five years of postdoctoral research experience at most
- applicants cannot hold an academic permanent position, a professorship, or have an habilitation or equivalent ("venia legendi")
- applicants must propose a research project that ties in with a discipline represented at the University of Konstanz
- applicants must have already secured a research grant of at least 50,000 Euros or an equivalent amount of funding to be used for their research while at the Zukunftskolleg. Applicants with pending grant applications are eligible to apply for a fellowship. A fellowship offer would be contingent upon the successful attainment of the required third-party funding*
- candidates with their own position funded by another program, which can be transferred to Konstanz, are also eligible
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.