Three NOMIS Fellowships
The center invites applications from outstanding junior and senior researchers in the humanities, social sciences, and natural sciences for three one-year Nomis Fellowships beginning September 1, 2018. Since 2005, eikones has served as a center for graduate and postgraduate research on images. The center is dedicated to the interdisciplinary study of images as instruments of human knowledge and cultural practices. It investigates the functions and effects of images throughout history and in our contemporary society from analytical and systematic perspectives.
• Applicants must 1) possess a doctoral degree and 2) have published either a monograph (e.g. their dissertation) OR have three publications in journals or collected volumes.
• Applicants from all academic fields whose research relates to images as models are invited to apply.
• Applications may be submitted in either German or English.
1. Cover letter
3. Contact details for two references
4. Proof of doctorate degree
5. Project description (2–3 pages), plus bibliography
6. Published writing sample (20 pages)
Please submit application materials as A SINGLE PDF FILE by October 20, 2017.
Applications that do not conform to this format or received after this date will not receive consideration. Inquiries and applications should be sent to email@example.com.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.