The University for Peace was established as a Treaty Organization with its own Charter in an International Agreement adopted by the General Assembly in resolution 35/55 of 5 December 1980, and has the mission:
"to provide humanity with an international institution of higher education for peace and with the aim of promoting among all human beings the spirit of understanding, tolerance and peaceful coexistence, to stimulate cooperation among peoples and to help lessen obstacles and threats to world peace and progress, in keeping with the noble aspirations proclaimed in the Charter of the United Nations".
India is a State Party to the International Agreement Establishing the University for Peace. Given the mandate of the University, the ratification by India of the International Agreement, and the important role which India plays in global affairs, this summer school programme seeks to enhance the university’s engagement with students and professionals from India.
- Online Application Form
- Graduate participants must submit scanned or fax copy of the undergraduate degree
- Undergraduate participants must submit an undergraduate transcript
- English Language Proficiency Test Reportis required for all participants from non-English-speaking countries. The following English Proficiency Tests are accepted:
Band of 7
Paper based TOEFL (PBT)
Computer based TOEFL (CBT)
Internet Based TOEFL (IBT)
- Curriculum Vitae or Résumé: participants need to send their CV or Résumé by e-mail
- Scanned/Faxed passport copy: Participants must provide a clear passport copy that shows the following information: name, photo, birth date, place of birth, issuance, and expiration date.
Course cost*: US$4,800
It includes: room, excursions and programme-related costs.
Course fee does not include: airfare, textbooks, meals or personal expenses.
*Special fees available for Costa Rican citizens/residents, and UN staff members.
UPEACE can provide assistance in finding housing in Ciudad Colón or nearby areas.
Contact us at email@example.com