Job Title - National Post-Programme Assistant, Armenia CO (G5)
Job ID - 18959
Location - Eastern Europe, Central Asia
Full/Part Time - Full-Time
Regular/Temporary - Regular
The Programme Assistant provides programme, administrative and financial support to the programme and operations team in implementation of country programme.
This post in Non-Rotational
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS VACANCY IS OPEN TO ARMENIAN NATIONALS ONLY
Post type: Fixed term appointment
(*) No expectancy of renewal in accordance with UN Staff Regulations 4.5
The Programme Assistant, SRH (Sexual and Reproductive Health), PD (Population and Development) & GE (Gender Equality) Programmes works with and provides support to the members of the UNFPA Armenia Country Office team, both programmes and operations. Contacts with staff and other personnel to promote achievement of common goals and shared objectives and demonstrate personal commitment to UNFPA’s mandate and organizational vision.
Both internal and external contacts include exchange of information on broader aspect of the work area, which may include providing clarification of non-routine matters involving some technical input.
The Programme Assistant, SRH, PD & GE Programmes position is located in UNFPA Armenia Country Office. Under the direct guidance and supervision of the PD, SRH and Gender Equality Program Analysts, the Programme Assistant assists in implementation of UNFPA Country Programme in Armenia. The Programme Assistant is a part of a team, which provides integrated programme and operational support within a systems strengthening approach fundamental to UNFPA’s overall strategy. The Programme Assistant works in close collaboration with the Administrative/Financial, Programme and Project staff to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- Provides significant input into arranging PD, SRH and Gender Equality programmes activities, including supporting programme analysts in preparation of budget, arranging venues, materials, helping in preparation of the presentations.
- Contributes to the preparation of programme and financial reports by collecting information, preparing tables, drafting selected sections of the report etc.
- Assists with programmes related procurement of services/goods and ensures that procurement is in accordance with UNFPA Procurement Procedures: collects supporting documents; obtains price quotations and prepares comparative tables; makes logistical arrangements for the delivery, including customs clearance and distribution; obtains Receipt and Inspection Reports and acceptance reports from national counterparts.
- Compiles relevant background materials and prepares briefs and summaries if requested. Maintains database of public information contacts and potential donors.
- Arranges programmes meetings, including organizing the venue, preparing draft minutes of programmes meetings, communicating draft minutes to the participants and receiving feedback. Ensures quality and completeness of filing of programmes documents.
- Assists in the archiving, filing, and maintenance of up to date electronic mailing lists on programme and technical matters.
- Undertakes all logistical, administrative and financial arrangements required for the successful planning and delivery of technical workshops, inter-agency meetings, panel discussions, roundtables, missions, and other events organized by the output managers in close collaboration with the operations team. This may include liaising with event management companies and caterers supporting the procurement process for these and related services.
- Provides logistical support to programmes events by gathering and compiling data and information for the preparation of events documents, speeches and position papers. This includes (but is not necessarily limited to) preparing and distributing COA authorization letters; collecting and following up on nominations and registration; preparing list of participants; managing programmes related travel and visa requirements, circulating events materials.
- Perform duties assigned by ATLAS role, including raising Requisitions in ATLAS with input provided from designated clients, and receiving POs upon acceptance of relevant goods/services in ATLAS (create Receipt role)
- In coordination with designated UNFPA Armenia Country Office’s Monitoring and Evaluation focal point collects and processes information relevant to programmes monitoring and evaluation and programmes indicators.
- Translates and drafts letters and other programmes documents as well as provides oral translation as may be assigned by country office management;
- Acts as a back-up on selected functions for the G5 Programme Assistant during her/his absence.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
Completed secondary level education required. First level university degree desirable.
Knowledge and Experience:
5 years of previous relevant experience in administration or project/programme management;
Previous experience in the UN is an asset;
Strong interpersonal and organizational skills;
Grade (Classified): G-5
Closing date: October 29, 2018
Duration: One year renewable (*)