The Prize was established by the Executive Board of UNESCO at its 195th session, and officially announced at the UNESCO World Conference on ESD (10-12 November 2014, Aichi-Nagoya, Japan). The Prize will be awarded for the first time in 2015. Generously funded by the Government of Japan, the Prize consists of three annual awards of US $50,000 for each recipient.
- Until 31 May 2015: Submission of Nomination Form
- June-July 2015: International Jury Meeting
- August-September 2015: Announcement of the Prize Winners
- November 2015 (tbc): Award ceremony
- See more at: https://en.unesco.org/esd-prize#sthash.LFxi5j5t.dpuf
- Kindly complete the ESD Prize Nomination Form in English or French.
- You can attach relevant supporting materials (e.g. publications) to the Nomination Form. Supporting materials should be less than twenty pages in total.
- The Nomination Form must be accompanied by a written recommendation in support of the nominee by the nominating party. Self-nomination cannot be considered. Only governments of Member States and non-governmental organizations in official partnership with UNESCO can make nominations.
- While completing the Form, please also keep in mind that the project/programme will be assessed by the Jury on the basis of the selection criteria.
- Submit the Nomination Form and any supporting materials to UNESCO via email to email@example.com. The documents must be received by UNESCO by 31 May 2015.
- Nominations can only be accepted from the official email accounts of Permanent Delegations to UNESCO or non-governmental organizations in official partnership with UNESCO.
- Supporting documents, if not attached to the nomination email, should be duplicated five times and sent by post to the following address: