Using Linear Regression in Sociological Studies
Venue: Caucasus Institute, 3rd floor lecture hall
Trainer: Samvel Manukyan, PhD, Social Sciences
The CI is accepting applications to attend a three-part workshop in October 2016 for sociologists wishing to improve their skills in linear regression analysis.
Instruction language is Armenian.
Attendance is free. Seats are limited.
Eligibility criteria: BA degree or above in social sciences; basic SPSS skills; sufficient knowledge of English to use SPSS terminology; current employment, research or study in the area of social sciences
Application deadline: COB September 23, 2016
To apply, please email resume and brief letter of intent (half a page max) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Participants will need to bring their own notebook computers to the training sessions. Those without SPSS software will need to make an appointment at CI no later than October 3 to have a working version installed.
Day 1: Wednesday, October 5, 3 pm – 6 pm
- What is linear regression and how it is applied: brief introduction
- Brief presentation of glossary of statistical terms required for research on multiple linear regressions
- Peculiarities of using linear regression in sociological studies
Day 2: Thursday, October 6, 3 pm – 6 pm
- Building linear regression models in SPSS based on specific templates
- Mathematical and sociological interpretation of linear regression analysis
- Homework assignment based on real social studies database
Day 3: Thursday, October 13, 3 pm – 6 pm
- Analysis and discussion of homework assignment