The Hague Academy for Local Governance
Call for applications
The new application period for the programmes in 2016 will be open from Monday October 5 2015 until the deadline for applications on Friday 29th of January 2016!
In 2016 The Hague Academy for Local Governance will select a limited number of young, talented and motivated civil servants working for a local government in one of the countries on the DAC country list for its Talent for Governance programmes.
Our Talent programmes comprise the following components:
1. A two- week training course at The Hague Academy for Local Governance
2. Week-long internship at a Dutch Municipality
3. Talent for Governance networking activities
Three different programme themes
The Talent programme will be organised three times in 2016 and each programme will revolve around a different local governance theme. There will be just one application period.
To apply for the Talent programme candidates need to choose one of the following programme themes. These themes are based on the topics of the training course at The Hague Academy which is part of the Talent programme:
- Citizen Participation & Inclusive Governance – Programme from 23 May – 10 June 2016, (more information about the training course part of the programme)
- Local Economic Development – Programme from 19 September – 7 October 2016, (more information about the training course part of the programme)
- Local Service Delivery- Programme from 3 – 21 October 2016, (more informationabout the training course part of the programme)
All possible rejections will be based on the documents and information provided by the applicant (specifically the letter of motivation and the possible phone conversation) and the amount of internships and funds available. Talent for Governance holds the right to reject the applicant during all stages of the selection procedure.
Please note that the only way to apply for this Talent for Governance programme is sending in the online application form on this page.
Online Application Form for the talent programmes in 2016 (open from 5 October 2015 to 29th of January 2016).
N.B. Do not fill out a separate application form via the website of The Hague Academy. The only form that will be viewed by the selection committee is the Talent for Governance application form!!!