Open to all professional and amateur, national and international photographers of all ages.
The Atkins CIWEM Environmental Photographer of the Year is an international showcase for the very best in environmental photography and film. The competition encourages entries that are contemporary, creative, resonant, challenging, original and beautiful, but most of all, pictures that will inspire people around the world to start taking care of our environment.
Exhibition & Prizes
The works will be displayed at the Royal Geographical Society in London in June 2016, followed by a tour to forest venues nationally, supported by Forestry Commission England.
Prizes for 2016 include:
- Environmental Photographer of the Year: £3000
- Young Environmental Photographer of the Year (Under 25): £1000
- Environmental Film of the Year: £500
- Atkins Built Environment Prize: Photographer in residence for 12 month opportunity capturing Atkins major projects
- CIWEM Changing Climate Prize: £500, plus showcase of portfolio in one issue of The Environment Magazine
- Forestry Commission England People, Nature and Economy Prize: £1000, plus showcase of portfolio in one of England’s Public Forests
The Prize Winners will be announced during a preview of the London exhibition.
|18 April 2016||Deadline for entries by 5pm (GMT)|
|5 May 2016||Entrants informed of results|
|18 May 2016||High resolution original image files to be sent to the organisers|
|June 2016||Exhibition of finalists' images at Royal Geographical Society, London|
|Autumn/Winter 2016||Exhibition will tour forest venues nationally, supported by Forestry Commission England, beginning with Grizedale Forest in Cumbria|