The 4th International Motion Festival (IMF) will take place in May 2017!
It is organized by the Department of Arts of the European University Cyprus in Nicosia, Cyprus.
The IMF aims to open a forum for the presentation of the most contemporary and most creative work in the world of motion and thus to be established as the pioneering festival that promotes innovative and cutting-edge work.
The IMF, now in its 4th edition, is the platform for showcasing innovative motion art videos, spanning from motion graphics, to 2D and 3D animation, video art, and shorts.
The IMF welcomes productions from all over the world and at the same time strongly encourages the participation of Cypriot productions.
Prizes will be awarded to the best entry in each of the 4 competition categories
- Go with the Flow (Motion Graphics, Music Videos, Commercials, Opening Titles, 3D Mapping, virtual museums and archives, Computer Generated Imagery, Broadcast Design)
- Animatropics & Animesh (2D & 3D Animation, manual or computer aided, ranging from hand drawn, sand and glass animation, digital, retro, etc)
- Short & Sweet (New and awarded short films, ranging from drama, comedy, social commentary and experimental film)
- The Single Channel Show (Video Art presented with single channel works. Experiments pushing the limits of the moving image)
IMF 2017 IMPORTANT DATES:
- Submission of works Deadline – Friday, 30 September 2016
- Announcement of Selected Works / Films – Sunday, 31 December 2016
- IMF 2017 Festival Dates – Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, 11 – 14 May 2017 (inclusive)
THIS IS A COMPETITION FESTIVAL
Prizes will be awarded to the best entry in each of the 4 competition categories:
- Go with the Flow
- Animatropics & Animesh
- Short & Sweet
- The Single Challenge Show
- There is a small administrative fee of €15 per work submitted.
- Students pay €10 per work submitted.
- Special fees apply to companies and academic institutions.
- Please contact us at email@example.com for more information.
- Payment can be made via JCC Smart. If you do not have a JCC Smart account signing up is easy and you can do so here.
- For a Submission to be valid, payment must be received and confirmed through JCC Smart.
- Make sure to include the Reference number of your payment in the appropriate field of the Submission form.
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR WORK – On Line Transfer ONLY
- Pay the appropriate administration fee (more details on point 4)
- Fill in the submission form on the Call for Entries page
- Send your work in an acceptable format (see point 6) via a file sharing website (such as wetransfer.com) to
To be considered for competition/ selection, your entry must arrive in a format that can be viewed by the pre-selectors and the jury members. Please provide a video file that has been tested.
Acceptable file formats are:
Video Format – PAL / All regions formats are strongly recommended for submissions to ensure the highest chance of being playable.
- We are unable to accept ANY tape based formats for the entry process or as screening versions
- There are no limits to how many works can be entered but each work needs a separate entry form filled in, the appropriate administration fee paid as explained on point 4 Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Video capture of video games or T.V. Adverts cannot be submitted.
The IMF Committee is not obligated to screen all the videos submitted.
The IMF Cyprus has no responsibility in case of damage during the transportation and / or installation of the works.
To be eligible for participation, the work must have been produced AFTER January 2016.
The artists, whose work will be selected, will be notified via e-mail by the production team of IMF Cyprus.
The IMF production team can cancel the IMF 2017 Festival at any time, provided that the circumstances render its realisation unfeasible.
The IMF 2017 Festival will be documented / filmed. Parts or all of it (the festival) may be shown / screened / presented at other international festivals. Public and artists whose work is included in the IMF 2017 agree to this unconditionally.
With the submission of an entry form, participants unconditionally accept these terms and agree to the use of excerpts (up to 60 secs) by the organisers for publicity and archive purposes.
When you enter your work to IMF 2017, it is automatically considered part of the IMF 2017 Festival and may be included if and when the IMF 2017 is presented or participates in other international festivals.
The IMF endeavours to compile a database with contact information of all IMF participants, past and present (and updated with every IMF edition) to be offered complimentary to all IMF participants with the simple use of a password to be provided at a later time.
How to submit your work online
- Go to "Further official information" below this article to pay the small administration fee via JCC Smart:
1. €15 per work submitted.
2. Students pay €10 per work submitted.
3. Special fees apply to companies and academic institutions.
- Fill in fully the form that appears on this page.
- Send your work in an acceptable format (.avi/.mpeg/.mp4/.mov) via a file sharing website (such as wetransfer.com) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If your fee isn’t paid we cannot accept your submission.
Important Note: Submissions are welcome from any individual or group of individuals (e.g., company, organization, association)
For more information click "Further official information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: