The University of Copenhagen actively influences current and future generations through excellent research, education and co-operation. UCPH is one of the highest ranked universities in Europe and is Denmarks oldest university, founded in 1479. Today, the University has 40,000 students and 9,000 employees affiliated across six faculties: humanities, law, natural sciences, social sciences, health sciences and theology.
Tenure-track Assistant Professor of Computer Systems (211-0373)
Department of Computer Science
Faculty of Science,
University of Copenhagen
The Department of Computer Science (http://www.diku.dk) at the University of Copenhagen invites applications for an assistant professor of Computer Systems.
The department is expanding its research and educational activities in big data and cloud computing. There are excellent opportunities for contributing to and collaborating with a Big Data center currently being planned at the University of Copenhagen, as well as for collaboration with parallel programming language technology researchers at DIKU and neighboring institutions requiring large-scale data analytics and high-performance computing, such as at the European Spallation Source (ESS) presently under construction.
The applicant is expected to have substantial research experience in the area of computer systems. Some relevant subareas include: Operating systems; runtime systems for large-scale computing; distributed systems, dependable and fault-tolerant systems; networking; storage systems; transaction processing systems; low-energy computing; massively parallel system architectures, e.g. based on GPUs and FPGAs; systems security, including programming language techniques.
Further information on the Department is linked at
http://www.science.ku.dk/english/about-the-faculty/departments/. Inquiries about the position can be made to Head of Department, Professor Jørgen Bansler, email@example.com
The University wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
Terms of employment
The position is covered by the Memorandum on Job Structure for Academic Staff.
Terms of appointment and payment accord to the agreement between the Ministry of Finance and The Danish Confederation of Professional Associations on Academics in the State.
The starting salary is currently up to DKK 405,501 including annual supplement (+ pension up to DKK 69,341).
Negotiation for salary supplement is possible.
The application, in English, must be submitted electronically by clicking APPLY NOW below.
- Curriculum vitae
- Diplomas (Master and PhD degree or equivalent)
- Research plan - description of current and future research plans
- If relevant description and documentation of teaching and supervision experience and qualifications according to university guidelines - please describe and document:
- Experience with supervision of BSc and MSc students
- Teaching experience
- Formal pedagogical training
- The candidate must have an international research profile. Please describe and document:
- International network and relations
- Internationally based activities
- Positions held at universities/research institutions outside Denmark
- Other relevant information:
- Outreach activities, i.e. popular lectures or other activities in the media
- Grants held, personal or in part. Career development grants.
- Complete publication list
- Separate reprints of up to 5 particularly relevant papers
The deadline for applications is 30 August 2015.
Interviews/trial lectures will be held on 9 November 2015.
Please refer to the following no. in future communication in this case: 211-0373.