Summer Trainee Engineering Program at Google Tokyo Office
Google aspires to be an organization that reflects the globally diverse audience that our search engine and tools serve. We believe that in addition to hiring the best talent, a diversity of perspectives, ideas and cultures leads to the creation of better products and services. Google is invested in providing development opportunities to all students wishing to become future computer scientists and software developers, particularly those who are historically underrepresented in the field. Many aspiring computer scientists could benefit from a program that bridges the gap between academic study and a professional internship.
With this in mind, we announce the 2016 Summer Trainee Engineering Program (STEP), which is open to Bachelor's students currently majoring, or intending to major, in Computer Science or related technical fields.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
STEP is divided into two parts
1. Development Course The first part of the program is aimed at developing students’ technical and soft skills. We will hold a total of 8 classes, with the goal of providing students knowledge that will support them in their future studies and career. Upon successful completion, students will be eligible to apply for the second half of STEP. Please note that this course will be held in Japanese.
- Start Date: May 27, 2016 (Friday)
- Course Duration: 8 classes held once a week, every Friday, 5pm (3 hours long)
- Location: Google Tokyo Office (all travel costs will be reimbursed)
2. Hands-on Internship
The second half of the program will be a paid internship, in which successful applicants from the Development Course will be assigned to a core Software Project. You will work with a team of Googlers and will be mentored by a Google engineer to guide you through your internship. Intern projects will be determined based on the experience, skills, and interests of each student.
- Start Date: August 1, 2016 (Monday)
- Internship Duration: 8 weeks (length may vary depending on project scope and student’s availability)
- Location: Google Tokyo Office
How to apply
To apply, please click on the “Apply Now” button to start and submit your application. Make sure you include your resume.
Applications will close on April 18, 2015, 24:00 JST.
- Specific responsibilities vary by project area.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to tackle some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From AdWords to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
APPLY NOW - https://www.google.com/about/careers/applications/#/packet/1aeb1894-2484-4242-b9c1-16c82b4c669f/form
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: