About the summer school
This course will challenge the participants to debate the benefits, challenges and opportunities raised by the move in higher education towards student centered learning (SCL). The concept has been introduced recently into the European Standards and Guidelines (ESG) but universities and national quality assurance agencies need to chart their own implementation standards and guidelines with very little information about what SCL means and how it can be measured. The course will discuss existing good practices in student centered learning and will provide a space for exchanges of ideas on how student centered universities should and could be. The course aims to bring together representatives of universities, national quality assurance agencies, student organizations, ministries interested in learning how to adopt SCL, as well as experts in the field and representatives of universities that hosted peer-assessment visits within the Peer Assessment of Student Centered Learning (PASCL) project.
HOW TO APPLY
Please read the following directions carefully.
Below is the list of the documents you need to prepare or arrange for submission:
- Completed online SUN Application Form
- Full curriculum vitae or resume, including list of publications, if any
- Brief motivation statement (up to 1 page)
- Institutional endorsement (in case the applicant is representing a university, and educational NGO and/or a student organization)
- Online Application Form
SUN's Online Application Form, delivered by Embark, enables the online submission of the application form itself as well as all other relevant documentation, including CV's and resumes, motivation statements, institutional endorsement letters, eliminating all paper mailing to the SUN Office.
In addition, applicants will be able to use this system to track their progress and learn the outcome of their admissions evaluation online. Admissions decisions will be available to applicants as soon as they are entered into the system.
Please note that you can only apply to one course.
The application form is password-protected.
- a) In case you have started an application for our program in previous years, you can use your old login and password and can log in as a "Returning Embark User" (right-hand side of the page). In case you cannot remember your old password, click on the "Forget your password?" link.
- b) In case you have not started an application before, please register first in the "New User?" section (left-hand side of the page). For registration please click on "Create an Account" and provide the requested information. Embark will send you your password by email and then you can log in and start your application, this time already as a returning user.
Further user's instructions for the online application are included in the form itself.
- Full curriculum vitae or resume, including a list of publications, if any
Please upload your Curriculum Vitae or resume, including a list of publications, if any.
- Brief motivation statement (maximum one page)
In the motivation statement please describe how the course is relevant to your carrier, professional development, research and/or studies, and in what ways you expect to benefit from it.
- Optional attachments:
- Institutional endorsement (if available)
Applicants representing universities, ministries, quality assurance agencies, students’ organizations, NGOs or other institutions and organizations need to submit a letter of institutional support. The letter should describe the applicant’s activities at the institution, relevant to the topic of the summer course (teaching, participation in quality assurance, governance and management, etc.).
All application materials must be submitted electronically with the online application form. CEU does not accept application documents by e-mail or fax. Candidates who may experience difficulties with the online submission of their documents should contact the SUN Office.
CEU does not return application documents, or copies thereof under any circumstances. Applications submitted after the deadline will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
If you need help or more information during the application process, please feel free to contact the SUN staff:
E-mail for inquiry and correspondence: email@example.com
Tel: (36-1) 327-3811
Fax: (36-1) 327-3124
The SUN Office will notify applicants about the selection results around the end of April. Please check the 'Important course dates' section on the relevant course web sites for earlier or later planned notification deadlines. The final decision is not open to appeal.
This summer course is financed through tuition fees and will not be able to offer any scholarships or tuition waivers. The final deadline by which the course will be confirmed is April 30, 2017.
Early bird fee
Payable until March 30th
Payable until April 25th
*There is a possibility for institutions to replace their initial nominees after the payment of the registration fee. Erasmus Staff Mobility Grants can also be used to cover participants’ tuition fees.
** These discounted rates are applicable to students and CEU Alumni.
In the event of cancellation, CEU will refund the tuition fee as follows:
- Before April 30 CEU - will fully refund the tuition fee.
- Between May 1st and 30 days prior to the course starting - 60% of the tuition fee will be refunded.
- Within 30 days of the course starting - no refund for tuition fees will be given.
Estimated living costs (excluding accommodation): 150-200 EUR per week
Applications are invited from university leaders and managers, faculty, students involved in university governance, representatives of quality assurance agencies and Ministries of Education. Undergraduates without a university degree will not be considered.
The language of instruction is English, thus all applicants have to demonstrate a strong command of spoken and written English to be able to participate actively in discussions at seminars and workshops. Some of the shortlisted applicants may be contacted for a telephone interview.
Important dates and deadlines
General application deadline for most courses: February 14, 2017
In exceptional cases the application deadline is different from the above. See the list of these courses below:
Media Capture: The Relationship Between Power, Media Freedom and Advocacy: March 31, 2017
Important program dates (for all courses):
- Email notification about the decision: mid-April - mid-May
- Participants confirm acceptance and housing needs: in two weeks after receipt of the acceptance notification
- Activation of the course-specific e-learning sites with readings and course outlines: end of April - end of May
- Early-bird deadline of tuition payment for fee-paying participants: March - April, for course specifique early bird deadline see the course website
- Tuition payment deadline for fee-paying participants: April - May, for course specifique fee payment deadline see the course website
- Participants needing a visa reserve tickets, confirm exact travel dates to SUN; SUN Office sends out original invitation letter and room reservation for visa application: 6 weeks prior to arrival
- Participants submit visa applications: 30 days prior to arrival
- Participant arrivals, hotel check-in, and registration: one day before the course starts
- Orientation session at CEU: on the first day of the course
For more information click "Further official information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: