Museum Schloss Moyland, Bedburg-Hau, 13.-19.09.2015
Deadline 12. Juni 2015
Heinrich-Heine-University Düsseldorf (Institute of Art History), Rhine-Waal University of Applied Sciences in Kamp-Lintfort (Faculty Environment and Energy) and the Museum Schloss Moyland Foundation in Bedburg-Hau have cooperated in organising and offering a summer school on digital media concepts for art education. The project is going to be funded by the VolkswagenStiftung and will start in September 2015.
What kind of impact does modern information technology have on traditional exhibition concepts and art education? The use of social media channels and digital media in the field of knowledge transfer offers new chances for exhibitions and the presentation of art collections which need to be discussed. The Museum Schloss Moyland Foundation houses the largest collection of works by Joseph Beuys worldwide and is an ideal setting to study, experience and apply state-of-the-art information technology to the field of art education. The summer school aims at developing a new and pioneering approach using Storytelling as a method to communicate the challenging works by Beuys to a large audience. The upcoming 30th anniversary of Beuys‘ death surely would be a good opportunity to present such a novel approach.
- MA students, postgraduates, Ph. D. students and junior scientists in relevant fields. These include, but are not limited to, the liberal arts, technological areas, and design, as for example art history, cultural or communication studies, computer science, communication design
- Scientists in theory and practice in fields such as mentioned above
- Personal data sheet
- Letter of intent (one page maximum)
- Please apply by email and send your documents in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline 12th of June, 2015
- Following the application phase, all applications received will be examined and suitable participants will be selected by the end of June. There are 30 places available.
- All applicants will be informed of the results by email at the beginning of July.
- If you have to waitlist, we will inform you about your status by the end of July.
Travel Expenses/ Board and Lodgings
- We will be able to refund travel expenses up to 200€ p.p. Please note that you will have to hand in expense vouchers.
- From 13 to 19 September 2015, summer school participants will be accommodated free of charge in shared rooms.
- We are happy to provide free catering.
Jun.-Prof. Dr. Ulli Seegers
Institut für Kunstgeschichte