The brief Green revival of social and political activism in early 1980-s throughout the South Caucasus had faded away due to deep economic and political crisis in 1990-s. Nowadays societies in Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia not only overcome its missed opportunities for Green transformation but even lack awareness and understanding of its benefits.
The South Caucasus Regional Office of the Heinrich Boell Foundation observes social and political changes in the region for more than 10 years since 2003 and tries to find basis for development of the Green political discourse. Promising youth initiatives for defending public spaces in cities and addressing ecologic and human rights issues in industrial areas show very vibrant trend of gradually structuring Green platforms for civic activism. The South Caucasus Regional Office of the Heinrich Boell Foundation initiated its Green Academy program for assisting this very crucial and important beginning in social and political life in the region.
Citizens of the South Caucasus nations born from 1980 to 1995 who have completed at university degree and permanently reside in a state of the region are eligible to apply. Excellent command of English and/or Russian is required. Young activists, journalists, scholars and politicians from the South Caucasus region interested in Green politics and actively involved in Green civic activism are encouraged to apply for this call.
- Applicants do not necessarily need to be affiliated with any of the institutions.
- The deadline for applications is 14 June 2015, 6:00 p.m.
Application package should include the following documents:
- A signed letter with the following information: name and surname; date of birth; country; field of activity/interest;
- An application
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- An essay (2-3 pages) which should reflect your professional and personal motivations, while addressing the following questions:
1. Why am I interested in Green politics?
2. What do I know about the Green transformation?
3. How the Green Academy will contribute to my personal and professional development?
4. What are the areas of my specific interests?
- One recommendation letter indicating relevant experience and/or work.
All documents must be submitted in English and e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate Green Academy 2015 in the subject line of your email.
Heinrich Boell Foundation South Caucasus Regional Office
38, Zovreti St., Tbilisi 0160, Georgia