Summary of topics:
With this project we want to enhance the participation of youth in the creation of sustainable green cities, through taking part in decision making process or direct actions in their local communities based on and working for the principles and values of direct democracy, solidarity and inclusion.
During the Study Session we will put the special focus on:
1. Exploring and raising awareness on youth ownership of their environment, based on responsibility and action;
2. Analysing and defining the needs of youth, as active users and creators /shapers of public space and public services, to contribute to productive, safe, healthy, inclusive, and well planned green cities;
3. Learning about sustainable practices from entrepreneurial and grassroots actions in urban life; examining and sharing these practices with young people to stimulate participation and equality and contribute to youth employment and quality of life;
4. Translate findings and conclusions into tools, mechanisms and methods that ensure the sustainability of the event’s outcomes;
Time and location: 12th – 19th June, Budapest
Duration: 6 working days
Working language: English
Number of participants: 35
Program will be based on principles of non-formal education and intercultural learning. We strive for active, inclusive and direct communication and transfer of knowledge. essions will be balanced and adjusted to different learning styles: from theoretical inputs, workshops, debates to discussions, reflections, work in small and big groups and other interactive methods of learning.
Cooperation and Development Network Eastern Europe is announcing a call for participants for the Study Session “Alternative Youth Urbanisation – Reclaim the City!”. The event is taking place in the European Youth Centre in Budapest, Hungaryfrom 12th to 19th June.
This Study Session will gather 35 participants and offer them space to explore the role of youth in the creation of sustainable green cities through taking part in decision making processes or direct actions in their local communities based on and working with the principles and values of direct democracy, solidarity and inclusion.
This study session especially targets:
- Young people involved in NGOs and civic initiatives with a background in democracy, social rights and urban initiatives;
- Members of Young Green organisations coming from Europe and especially Eastern Europe working on or interested in the topic;
- Members and Activists of various urban initiatives;
- Activists and Youth Workers working on or interested in the topic of alternative urbanisation.
The team will select participants respecting the criteria of gender, geographical and regional balance and taking into consideration the diversity of participants’ backgrounds regarding the events’ topic. Youth workers from (or working in) vulnerable communities are particularly encouraged to apply.
The working language of the seminar is English, thus the applicants are expected to have a working level of it.
Accommodation (lodging, food, refreshments) and travel costs are fully covered by the European Youth Centre. The participation fee is 50 EUR. The call is open for applicants coming from Council of Europe member states, Kosovo, Belarus and Kazakhstan.
The DEADLINE for submitting the application is 18th April 2016 at midnight (CET). More information about the project can be found on the project page.
For any further information do not hesitate to contact us to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: