Eligibility and Requirements
Fellowships are for one full academic year, and require the fellow to be in residence at Stanford during Autumn, Winter, and Spring Quarters (mid-September 2018 through mid-June 2019). Candidates will normally have an MFA or interdisciplinary PhD in the arts. Independent artists and scholars must demonstrate artistic or scholarly achievement equivalent to a relevant terminal degree. Fellows will be expected to teach one undergraduate course and contribute to University-wide working groups and seminars. Fellows will also have the opportunity to present their work in events open to the public.
There are no citizenship requirements for these fellowships; non-U.S. nationals are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
All materials are due by 11:59pm (PST) on January 10, 2018.
Applicants should submit the following through SlideRoom at the button below:
- Cover letter (not to exceed 3 pages) describing the goals and achievements of your work to date.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Written work sample (25 pages or less)
- Fellowship proposal in two parts: 1) a three-page proposal for research or creative work to be undertaken during the year-long residence; and 2) a two-page course description for a ten-week undergraduate course, including the rationale and at least a partial schedule and list of proposed readings.
- Three confidential letters of recommendation
- (OPTIONAL) Up to 3 minutes of digital media or up to 8 images. Please compile images into one PDF file for upload or include the relevant link in your application.
Fellows will be chosen by a multidisciplinary selection committee on the basis of the promise of the proposed project, the originality and distinction of the candidate’s previous work, and the candidate’s perceived ability to contribute to the intellectual and artistic life of Stanford.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.