2017 SPORT FOR COMMUNITY GLOBAL SPORTS MENTORING PROGRAM
U.S. Embassy Yerevan announces an opportunity to participate in the U.S. Department of State’s 2017 “Sport for Community” Global Sports Mentoring Program (S4C). S4C is a month-long, immersive mentorship where international emerging leaders working in disability/adapted sports are matched with leading professionals from some of America's top organizations in this field.
They will have the opportunity to
- Develop management and business skills to enhance their effectiveness professionally;
- Gain exposure to the U.S. sport management, systems, media, and non-profit sport environments;
- Establish lasting relationships with a global network of leaders in the sport sector;
- Observe ongoing efforts in the United States to remove barriers and improve and expand opportunities for persons with disabilities to engage in sport; and
- Develop an action plan for a project that will contribute to long-term positive change, to be implemented after returning home.
Participants will be
- Adults ages 25 to 40 who demonstrate the drive and potential to directly improve access to sport for people with disabilities in their home country and beyond;
- Involved in disability/adapted sport sectors including: Parasport; Special Olympics; deaf sport; coaching; Ministries of Sport; sport for development NGOs, sport marketing, sport journalism, or sport management;
- Able to converse fluently in English (fluency in American Sign Language is required for deaf participants);
- Citizens of Armenia
- Firmly committed to the month-long program in Spring 2017 with a willingness to take part in a fully immersive mentorship and be interested in developing new partnerships;
- Willing to participate in social media in support of the program during and after the exchange.
Application forms can be downloaded here.
Please also attach current resume (CV) and letter of recommendation.
DEADLINE: COB, MONDAY, OCTOBER 17, 2016
Applications MUST BE emailed to email@example.com
Please, mention in the subject line: 2017 SPORT FOR COMMUNITY
For details please contact Albina Balyan, U.S. Embassy Public Affairs Section, phone: (37410) 494210.