2018 Scholarships for Master studies in Opera Performance at the Liceu Conservatory in Barcelona
The Liceu Conservatory Foundation offers a scholarship program aimed to students of the Master in Opera Performance, with the objective of giving singers with outstanding talents the right support in order to develop their artistic skills to the highest level.
This Scholarship program has the support of the Conservatory Sponsors, who are people and institutions committed with the future musicians’ artistic education through various forms of sponsorship for the official Master's studies at the Liceu Conservatory.
1 Scholarship will be awarded covering 100% of the full Master’s academic fees.
The Master in Opera Performance offers young singers the opportunity to develop themselves as performers in an environment of artistic excellence and high musical competence, thanks to the combination of the Conservatory resources and experience.
The aim of the Master Program is the technical, vocal and stylistic work on Gioachino Rossini’s La Cenerentola, with a cast made up of Master students accompanied by the Liceu Conservatory Orchestra. The performance by the Master students will be part of the Liceu Conservatory Concert Hall season program.
Classes and rehearsals will be carried out under the expert advice of some of the best current specialists in singing and the operatic stage. Students will have the opportunity to work with the acclaimed opera singer Teresa Berganza, one of the most renowned performers of the La Cenerentola’s main role. Moreover, several world-class figures in the operatic field will give courses and masterclasses to the Master Program Students.
- Candidates must be born after December 31th 1981.
- Candidates must have obtained a Degree in Music (either a Bachelor of Music, University Degree in Music or an equivalent official degree). Students who do not fulfil this requirement will not be awarded the Official Master's Degree, they will be awarded instead a certificate of advanced training and musical postgraduate studies.
-In case that selected candidates already enjoy another Scholarship for the same studies, they are required to communicate it to the Conservatory in order that their case may be assessed.
- The award of the Scholarship will become effective only when the awardee has passed the Master’s entrance examination and has enrolled in the Liceu Conservatory Master’s program.
The Scholarship holders commit themselves expressly to:
- Pursue the entire academic program of the Master with profit.
- Include their status as Liceu Conservatory and Scholarship holder students in their artistic curriculum and other relevant documents.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: