Advertisement of One Scholarship for Doctoral Studies in the „Ancient Philosophy and History of Ancient Science“ Program
The Graduate School Scholarship Program (GSSP) of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is offering one doctoral scholarship to research and complete a doctorate in the “Ancient Philosophy and History of Ancient Science” program at the Berlin Graduate School of Ancient Studies (BerGSAS). We welcome applications from highly qualified graduates from the fields of Ancient Philosophy, Classics, or History of Ancient Science. Candidates must hold an outstanding Master's degree, or equivalent degree, in one of the aforementioned subjects or be very close to completion. The scholarship is available from October 2018 for three or four years (subject to a satisfactory annual progress review).
The call is open only to applicants who are not German citizens who have not resided in Germany continuously for longer than 12 months as of the application deadline their last final exam (Master’s Degree) should have taken place no longer than six years ago
Candidates must send their application before December 1, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- an application form
- a curriculum vitae (CV, resume)
- a cover letter that explains your motivation for applying to the doctoral program
- two letters of recommendation by two university professors from your home university. Please use the DAAD letter of recommendation form
- a research proposal (5 pages)
- a work plan and schedule for three years
- a writing sample (15-20 pages)
- copies of certificates and copies of translated documents (the copies don’t have to be certified!):
- copies of certificates of annual examinations taken at the home university
- copies of certificates of any academic degrees or advanced qualifications indicating grades and explaining the home university’s grading system
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.